Bristol, University of the West of England

1,134 Bristol, University of the West of England reviews

Our collection of real, honest student reviews of unis and courses is the largest in the UK, and help you make well-informed decisions about your future. Student reviews also form the basis of our annual Whatuni Student Choice Awards(WUSCAs), which highlight great work carried out by institutions for their students.

• Bristol, University of the West of England
SK
Safiyya Kazi-Martin

Project Management MSc

I was looking forward to coming to England to study in a castle! To my surprise Frenchay campus was quite modern, however Glenside does have more of the Gothic architecture I was expecting. I've found it a little difficult to adapt to student life after returning to university after 10 years, no fault of UWE. I was hoping there would be more social networking opportunities especially during the week. Unfortunately I live quite a way from UWE and have yet to attend an on campus social. However, the facilities are pretty great, I especially love that there are nooks all around campus to either relax or study without necessarily having to go to the library. I would request that consideration be placed in equipping classrooms with power outlets for laptop charging (Q block). UWE's Student Union is amazing, wouldn't change a thing about them.

Reviewed: 28 March 2022
Giannis
First gen student
SECOND YEAR

Multi-Disciplinary Printmaking MA

UWE is a great University, and Bower Ashton campus is a warm and calm place for a student, a bit out of the city centre, but the location close to the nature makes up for the distance. There are many facilities for art & design students, and most students have the ability to use most of these facilities when the do they introduction which was great for me. Studying the MAMDP, I have access to all sorts of equipment and technicians are always there to help me out, which to be honest this would cost a fortune and a lot of time to find if it wasn't everything in the campus. I am satisfied from my supervisor and other technical stuff support, they are professional, patient, and considering of students, even if my request is not an easy task, they will do their best to help out, making experience at uni memorable. The printmaking facility is a bit old and not the best in looks, but it doesn't really matter as long as we can access all we need. A new workshop space has been developedthe past few months, where we can study, create, chill, or have our lunch break in a warm environment. I am an MA student so I am not in the mood of a crazy student life at the moment, however I am not old and I know a bunch of stuff going on in Bristol. I mean, is Bristol, there is always something going on really. Only downside of Bristol life is that it has become so popular that rents are very high, as well as going out can costs a lot if you are not careful. Personally, I didn't manage to secure a room in Bristol for my 2nd year so I had to move out elsewhere. I didn't get much help from university for this issue either, but what can I do for that, everybody was in a similar situation. I haven't had any significant interaction with the student union, they are there indeed but there presence is a bit dull, and the coffee at their cafe is shit really. I had a chat with them about upgrading their cafe's appearance, make it a bit bright and standout with illustrations etc, I could do that tbh, I am a freelance illustrator, but I didn't get a positive response so I left it there.

Reviewed: 26 March 2022
SW
Stella Watkins-Arthur
FIRST YEAR

Primary Education (ITE) BA (Hons)

Great atmosphere and student life. Could improve communication.

Reviewed: 25 March 2022
Ceren

Architecture MArch

They really create a student culture that promotes well-being. They support ethic minority groups through society, international talent schemes and promote inclusion and tolerate no hate speech and prejudice of any kind. The courses expose students to working environments through mentorship schemes and placement years.

Bethany
First gen student

Physician Associate Studies MSc

It’s such a supportive place of study and it really feels like the programme leaders want you all there and will do everything they can to see you succeed.

LW
Lily Wickens
FOURTH YEAR+

Events Management MSc/PGDip/PGCert

Love the location and the grounds of uni, it’s a nice place to study and sit outside. Worst would be the lack of support from lecturers and programme leader

AS
Alex Smith
FIRST YEAR

Urban Planning BSc (Hons)

Best university in the south west. Staff are very supportive.

CF
Chevonne Fernandes
THIRD YEAR

Law (with Foundation Year) LLB (Hons)

Sharaine