Bristol, University of the West of England

1,134 Bristol, University of the West of England reviews

Our collection of real, honest student reviews of unis and courses is the largest in the UK, and help you make well-informed decisions about your future. Student reviews also form the basis of our annual Whatuni Student Choice Awards(WUSCAs), which highlight great work carried out by institutions for their students.

• Bristol, University of the West of England
AS
Asif Shah

International Law LLM/PGDip/PGCert

The best experience is that location and building they got. They have good teacher as well. It could be improved if they work onwebsite and student portal to make it much easier for students to use. Because they offer 100 of options in website which is complicated. I have heard from many students that they are facing issue with the notification and updates . Some of them were not aware of referencing style, assignment submission deadline and grace period and the crateria of passing marks as well. They teaching system is best. But what it makes it complicated is the online things which one have to learn before he learns something on educational side.

Reviewed: 29 March 2022
SA
Sereen Al Youssef
FIRST YEAR

Interior Architecture BA (Hons)

University life is great! it can get stressful here and there but at the end i'm always glad that i'm here.

SM
Seyedali Mortazavinejad

Building Information Modelling (BIM) in Design Construction and Operations MSc

It’s very nice university in a perfect location, well organized and they care a lot about their students. Facilities are one of a kind.

JP
Janhvi Patel
THIRD YEAR

Interior Architecture BA (Hons)

The multi-cultural and diversity is what makes it an amazing place to study and meet new people. The student support provided is not only provided on department level but on a general university level which offers great support when in need. The services could be more modernized and equalized over the campuses and not just in one building.

Lucien
FOURTH YEAR+

Mechanical Engineering MEng (Hons)

Not all computers have all the software

AK
Archana kunwar
First gen student
FIRST YEAR

Architecture and Environmental Engineering BEng (Hons)

It has such a cool environment to study there lots of places that you can seat and study no distrubance and anything, you can totally use facilities which university provide for us and they working very good. Beautiful environment outside which makes mind refreshing and help to reduce anxiety people at university are very helpful and kind. Nice building with best Architectural design, nice washrooms, cafes, fresh water, clean environment yes they are the best parts. I had problem about making new friends when I was arriving here. Just please have an eyes about international students when they are new.

TM
Thilini Minthari Sugathapala Diyagu Badathuruge

Cyber Security MSc

As a Sri Lankan student, I experienced many facilities in labs and libraries compared to my country. I 'm holding a Master of Information technology already, but I must accept I never got this much of hands-on practicals before. To be honest I felt I haven't learned much from my previous degrees until I learned from the UWE staff. I'm glad I chose UWE and I really love the diversification of the subject areas and hands-on practical-based learning. When it comes to assignments and exams I feel we don't have enough time to focus on them with the deadline as we have to research various topics in terms of success in the exams. This makes me feel exhausted, but I must accept it made me study lot more than my capacity.

AS
advika sharma
FIRST YEAR

Aerospace Engineering BEng (Hons)

I love the new facilities and the engineering block and the SU and how everyone is warm and welcoming as well as the range of activities and events. I also like the location and how we have a lot of restaurants and shops nearby but it is very inefficient to have to carry groceries to campus.

Aleksandar
THIRD YEAR

Graphic Design BA (Hons)

It's an amazing location, my campus is in the centre of the city and makes it really convenient for everyone to attend. We have really good and caring lecturers and tutors and there's loads of facilities in the other campuses when you need them. Whether that is a 24/7 library or digital making facilities. I think it would be nice to bring students in courses closer together by organising interesting study-related trips to galleries, shows, exhibitions, museums and although we have a once a year trip abroad not everyone might have the means to join so even if it is within the country I'd say it would be quite beneficial for the students and also lecturers to build better connections with us.

AR
Authad Rahman

Finance and Investment MSc/PGDip/PGCert

As an international student, I think the best aspects is the flexible tuition fee and wonderful campus, student support also great. The worst thing is the timetable, like I'm doing MSc I have to do class 3/4 days in week about 7-9 hours a day. Also getting varsity accommodation is very tough because it is always full.