Student reviews of Bristol, University of the West of England

604 Bristol, University of the West of England reviews

• Bristol, University of the West of England

Bristol, University of the West of England

Wildlife Ecology and Conservation Science BSc (Hons)

Really poor. 1st year was awful, the course content was irrelevant until the 2nd semester and although the quality of the housing in halls was really good, many people I know had a bad experience with flat mates. Very noisy outside my window. Second year, not much better, there have been issues with the timetable being changed without notice and when brought up was told I was making it up. Cost me lots of money with my train tickets due to this. Trip to Tenerife was really fun however very little relevance to conservation and there is actually very little wildlife on the island. Course is very plant heavy and it feels like we do not learn much about conservation or animals at all. Lots of science and maths involved and often very difficult with lack of explanation as to the relevance to wildlife and conservation. Should have been prepared about 60 hour placement in 2nd year in the summer before as we are only given 1 Monday every other week to complete this and its near impossible to find somewhere that will take you and allow you to get enough hours. No support provided to help find placements. Wish I could have done it over summer, it is causing lots of stress. The whole course it disappointing.

Elin

Bristol, University of the West of England

Wildlife Ecology and Conservation Science BSc (Hons)

I enjoyed first year after Christmas as my course finally started teaching us about animals which is why we started there. Christmas of second year, I’m really struggling with lots of difficult coursework, very stressed and hating every minute of being in university. Have a placement year next year so looking for places to go looking forward to getting out of uni for a year

Andrew

Bristol, University of the West of England

Wildlife Ecology and Conservation Science (with Foundation Year) BSc (Hons)

Fun, and I’m looking forward to even more given I’ve only been there a term! I’d like to recommend it to any student thinking of coming to UWE, there really is something for everyone

Laura

Bristol, University of the West of England

English Literature BA (Hons)

My university experience has been great so far, I have loved studying at Uwe, my chosen course has been everything I hoped for and more. It’s tough being so far from home (200 miles) so the fact that I know I have support if I need it has really made my experience that much better.

Amber

Bristol, University of the West of England

Loved it, ups and downs but helped by good friends and counselling service through the university. Very interesting course, enabled me to more accurately plan my future.

Nadine

Bristol, University of the West of England

3rd year is stressful mentally and physically but it’s important to me to enjoy the experience as it’s coming to an end. The opportunities I’ve had are the best and don’t think I’d have them I didn’t go to uni.

Lucy

Bristol, University of the West of England

It’s helped me to look into more career prospects and developed a more detailed understanding of my subject, living on my own had also allowed me to become independent and self sufficient

IM
Isobel Manley

Bristol, University of the West of England

Great, love it, just wish there was more variation in lectures, but I can see that the art department isn't big enough to fund more. Just wish food and drink wasn't so expensive at the Bower campus because of the private companies they use.

Gabriella

Bristol, University of the West of England

I love it! I don't want my experience to finish. I have had amazing support. Amazing extracurricular activities that have made my expereince so amazing and I found my friends and flatmates through this.

Isobel

Bristol, University of the West of England

Whilst it's been tough to adjust, I am slowly starting to enjoy it thankfully to friends, lectures and the uni's support. Uni is harder than people make it out to be and it won't necessarily be for everyone. However I say throw yourself into it, try new things, make new friends and don't let anyone stop you or tell you why different if you're just being you!!