1,018 Bristol, University of the West of England reviews

• Bristol, University of the West of England
V
Veronika

Bristol, University of the West of England

Biological Sciences BSc (Hons)

I really like my university. My teachers are awesome, the campus is amazing, lectures are very entertaining and I had really enjoyed this year. I especially appreciate the care about my well-being at the university.

Theodora

Bristol, University of the West of England

Forensic Science BSc (Hons)

The lecturers are marvellous with a few tragic exceptions. The course tends to be really interesting and hands on but some modules are much more difficult than others. Overall, I love it.

Ryan

Bristol, University of the West of England

English Literature with Writing BA (Hons)

Even though online learning was challenging, I was happy with the support I received. As much as I miss my friends and the social aspects of university life, I enjoyed the context taught this year and I believe my course is right for me. I am happy at my university and I'm very glad I picked this course! (I said no to my time at university being "value for money" as I still believe tuition fees should have been lowered nationally because of online learning. Despite this, I've been happy with the content taught during my course.)

Alex

Marketing BA (Hons)

Obviously it has not been great due to Covid but despite this I feel like the lecturers have tried very hard and still done a great job. The university however have been extremely strict on Covid regulations and shown very little understanding of the situation. If as little as one person has been found in another flat, everyone in the flat is found responsible which I find very unreasonable. They go as far to get the police involved and fine students. I feel like university should be helping students careers and financial situations, not worsening these. The security in my accommodation on campus have no respect for our privacy and let them self in whenever they want to at all times of day and night which we have complained about.

Katue

Bristol, University of the West of England

Early Childhood BA (Hons)

Although it has been difficult with online learning, I do feel that the tutors have tried to offer as much help and support as possible, regardless of the covid situation. Although in some aspects I wish the lecturers were live, it has been helpful to have the ability to watch them when we have time. It is disappointing that because of covid there has not been as many opportunities to access the facilities and same level of support as other years, I do still think that tutors have been really helpful and still offer a lot of support.

Thomas

Bristol, University of the West of England

Quantity Surveying and Commercial Management BSc (Hons)

The experience this year has been very different but has taught me about working from home and self motivation. My grades have suffered slightly but not a huge amount

Bristol, University of the West of England

Nursing (Mental Health) BSc (Hons)

I’m dedicated to becoming a nurse, but otherwise I’m sure I would’ve dropped out. We’ve had no way to meet anyone and have been told updates such as not being allowed anyone into our accommodation last minute.

Bristol, University of the West of England

Computer Science BSc (Hons)

Overall i am let down by the learning experience specifically relating to the way of teaching of coding modules. Because nobody ensures that these are modules are taught well. There are a few staff/ module tutors who take care that you as a student are enjoying learning on the course compared to the careless staff who just sit in practicals instead of approaching you to check how you are progressing, you have to beg for help. I feel really bad for this teachers/staff who try to make things good and interesting for students but their efforts are ousted by the careless teaching/tutoring of the bad ones, i am surprised as to how these types are promoted to module leaders? my advice to new students would be to invest in a university that will have staff who will care about your learning and progression rather than those who just give you content and throw you in the deep end and are who just for the sake of making money.

Aidan

Health Professions (Foundation Year) Foundation Certificate

Whilst the year has been a success overall, adapting to moving online has really not been as effective. We should have been given partial reimbursement to become level with the open university fees. I'm looking forward to moving down to Bristol in September and hopefully getting a good freshers

Bristol, University of the West of England

Computer Science BSc (Hons)

Overall, i am let down by the learning experience specifically relating to the way of teaching of coding modules. Because nobody ensures that these are modules are taught well. There are a few staff/ module tutors who take care that you as a student are enjoying learning on the course compared to the careless staff who just sit in practicals instead of approaching you to check how you are progressing, you have to beg for help. I feel really bad for this teachers/staff who try to make things good and interesting for students but their efforts are ousted by the careless teaching/tutoring of the bad ones, i am surprised as to how these types of people are promoted to module leaders/programme leaders? my advice to new students would be to invest in a university that will have staff who will care about your learning and progression rather than those who just give you content and throw you in the deep end without proper tuition and are who just there for the sake of making money. So in the end, Although you would graduate but you are not properly skilled for fresher jobs.