Bridgend College

147 Bridgend College reviews

• Bridgend College
CP
Chris Pratt

Professional Graduate Certificate in Education (PgCE) in Post-compulsory Education and Training (PcET)

Great staff and a fabulous atmosphere. Forward thinking approach to development meaning we can anticipate facilities to advance with our studies into the future. The new STEAM academy in Pencoed is fantastic and shows just how progressive the college is. Focused on innovation! The staff are fantastic and you get such a fabulous experience during your studies. Encouraging and supportive. Highly recommended.

1 people found this helpful

SH
Sloane Harrison

Horticulture (Production and Design) HND

The way I've always described studying at the Pencoed campus of Bridgend college is 'It's like Hogwarts but for people that love plants'. The learning facilities are really dynamic and is just what I was looking for in terms of mental nourishment after being out of education for almost a decade. The course itself is super inspiring and led by a team of amazing tutors with an absolute wealth of invaluable knowledge that only makes me feel privileged to be a part of. My class is small which is helpful for having more one-on-one time with tutors and also my classmates are really intelligent, hardworking and fun people that are great to be around; I can only aspire to be more like them. There is so much to learn from them, they are all amazing at giving advice on how to get into the industry and I've had lots of tips off them with regards to attending interviews to become an apprentice gardener for my local council (I have an interview this Wednesday, fingers crossed!). The main struggles I have with this course are mostly personal reasons. Since starting this course I have realised that I have certain learning difficulties which has led me onto the path of being on the very long waiting list for an ADHD assessment. Sometimes I find the coursework structure can be a little difficult to sustain because long-term projects are not my strongest points. At times the stress and the pressure of the course will make me a bit too overwhelmed, also my confidence is quite low so it's not the greatest combination for success but I have to remind myself of how far I've come as a person, how inspired I am in so many different areas of Horticulture, how much I've learned so far and how my passion for nature and to learn as much as I can is a driving force in itself. This course has led me onto the best trajectory of my life so far and I'm just determined to go further and hope to stay in education for as long as I can; there is just so much knowledge to gain and I love being a part of learning process. It' really helping me to gain the focus and the confidence I need to thrive in life. I'd encourage anyone and everyone to start studying towards a qualification that they are passionate about because education is so much more than just having a qualification at the end, the personal development, mental discipline and focus studying can provide is immeasurable and invaluable.

KT
Kevin Thomas
First gen student

Bridgend College-Queens Road Campus. Rooms could be updated, some rooms have no windows, some have poor wifi. Gave 1 star for student life and student union, but I have no experience of these areas. Cramped room when full group present. Limited but satisfactory student support service on this campus.

LI
Luke Ioannides

Popular Music Technology FdA

What makes my university a great place to study is the people around me. The staff and teachers I have and know are always so helpful and kind. Without their personalities, experience and overall education I wouldn’t like the place as much as I do. On top of that they have an industry standard recording studio which is really amazing. Having top quality gear and industry standard equipment really helps prepare me and my fellow class mates for our future careers. The only down side to my university is the location. I live in Swansea so it takes a while for me to get to university and so on. But it’s always worth the travel!

SJ
Sarah Jones

Professional Certificate in Education (ProfCE) in Post compulsory Education and Training (PcET)

The tutors were amazing I had great support during this time at Bridgend College. I would have liked more face to face study but that's mainly because of covid and the restrictions xx

PC
Phoebe Cheung

the mature environment and freedom to study at your own pace, with access to facilities in spare time to help study.

JP
Jason Phillips

Health and Social Care Management FdSc

Whilst being an older student returning to study, the assistance and support from the faculty, wellbeing and general staff has been amazing. The amount of feedback that staff ask for from students surrounding the course or ather issues they face is of a high level, the staff then attempt to address issues as quickly as possible. I would recommend studying here as the facilities are of such a high standard, the equality and diversity of students is a main priority of the college. The variety of courses on offer are vast, the opportunity to study to your life schedule also makes this a great place to study.

RW
Richard Welford

The lecturers are really knowledgeable and approachable. They have the right people on the course and students all get on well. The classroom is always clean and tidy there is a cafe and vending machines. The college doing free breakfasts for students every weekday morning shows they care about nutrition and the well being of the students. The building on the inside looks well maintained. The technology in class works well. The only thing I would improve the ability to connect to the wifi, I do find it difficult to connect my laptop or tablet to the wifi. The library and the availability of computers to use during the opening hours is really good and enables students to use them especially if they do not possess their own tech devices. I would welcome anyone who is interested in teaching further education to go to bridgend college. It's such an enjoyable experience and will benefit you massively if that is the vocation you choose.

DM
Dan Minto
First gen student

I study in a brand new building, opened in August 2021 with state of the art facilities. The CourseI am studying is run over two years and will finish in April 2022. I have studied since I was in school and literally completed hundreds of courses through my life (I'm 60 in November). I have completed an Open University degree (B.Sc. 2010) and many forensics computing courses. Never once have I had such support in a course as I have with this current one. The Lecturer's cannot do enough to encourage you to do well. They are so supportive it will be a shame to finish it as I will miss their happy input to our Class every week. The classes are varied, interesting and I've always felt compelled to attend as I didn't want to miss out on any input. Da iawn!!!

MT
Mandy Thomas

My tutor makes Bridgend a great place to study. The facilities I need are good and there's a good age range of students. For me, there's nothing that I would improve. It has everything I need.