Bournemouth University

1,048 Bournemouth University reviews

Our collection of real, honest student reviews of unis and courses is the largest in the UK, and help you make well-informed decisions about your future. Student reviews also form the basis of our annual Whatuni Student Choice Awards(WUSCAs), which highlight great work carried out by institutions for their students.

• Bournemouth University
JM
Juliana Medina
FIRST YEAR

Nutrition (with Foundation Year) BSc (Hons)

I think that staff should be more helpful and supportive.

PS
Paresh Salwadi

MSc International Hospitality & Tourism Management

The place is very lively. A happening and supportive environment for students to be and blend in. Not a single look of judgment from one student to the other. I’m happy being a part of the IRIS society club at the university. Its great to be a part of this inclusive university. Looking forward to spending more time here:)

ND
Norah Deka
THIRD YEAR

Best experience is the student union programmes. Worst experience was how staff treated students during pandemic.

AH
Aurora Hyland
FIRST YEAR

Ecology and Wildlife Conservation BSc (Hons)

The staff are very friendly and want to help you with any issues you may be experiencing. Stress of workload, although this is present in all universities :)

RC
Rachel Crome
SECOND YEAR

Television Production BA (Hons)

The uni is in a great location and the campus has a great “vibe”. One of the worst parts about the uni has got to be the food choices and prices. Quite a small aspect however the uni is in general just really great. I love it here!

FK
Farah Khan
FIRST YEAR

Biomedical Science BSc (Hons)

I think that university has been great so far especially Bournemouth ! It’s such a great environment and the people you're surrounded by can be so supportive especially the lectures, I think my favourite part about university is the labs and working with the lab technicians at Bournemouth university they always are fun to be around and can make your day 10x better. The only negative thing about university in general is how stressful it can get however with the right methods you can learn to manage it well !

NK
Nina Kokot
SECOND YEAR

Computer Animation Art & Design BA (Hons)

I decided to go to the Bournemouth University because since the beginning they were really supportive and helpful. I was applying as a EU student so I did not know a lot about British education system and I had a lot of questions. They guided me through the application process and answered all of my emails regarding my chosen course. Since I became one of the BU student I've still been receiving support from my university. The Talbot campus is easy to navigate and has a great atmosphere. The facilities are clean, quite modern and well designed. On my course, I can use many softwares that licenses cost thousands of pounds and I have access to great and expensive equipment. All of that allows me to improve my skills in animation and prepare for my future career. We get the support we need from our lectures, demonstrators and other BU departments throughout the year. For example, I can learn new languages for free thanks to our library staff or I can get the support with finding a placement and improving my CV. Bournemouth University also offers part-time jobs to support their students which I think is really great opportunity for many of us because it allows us to gain some work experience while managing our studies. I'm also proud that I'm a student at the university that constantly improves and works towards helping the environment in many ways, for example, we have bee hives on campus, on top of the BU' Fusion Building. The only thing I would like to change is the lack of events promoting some physical activities. I wish there would be available more sport activities for all of the students because many of us do not get enough of them during a week. I believe that promoting physical health is just as important as mental health, which BU already promotes a lot. Summing up, I would say that my uni experience has been really good so far and I would recommend Bournemouth University to everyone that wants a uni that has a great atmosphere and facilities and that offers support for all of its students.

IC
INTI CACHIPUENDO

Film BA (Hons)

GOOD UNI BUT FOR FILM STUDIES NEED MORE FACILITIES, EQUIPMENT AND REAL FILM INDUSTRY WORKSHOPS

PS
Paige Sherwood
First gen student
SECOND YEAR

Great: Students union, a lot of support from societies Improvement: More support from lecturers (its nice to feel like they care), a way to celebrate successes (e.g., if you get a first on a unit perhaps a financial reward or a special mention), the mental health support is lacking. They are there but it doesn’t take much for them to refer you to the NHS (they should be trained enough to support students on a wide variety of issues rather than just a select few.)

Neema

MSc International Accounting & Finance

Having students from diverse cultures make the University experience so interesting. Apart from classroom learning, we get to learn about the culture from other countries around the world. Mingling with students from various work background and sharing thoughts and ideas with them gives us valuable insights. However, I really wish to have the entire campus in one location instead of scattering building into different places which makes the commute difficult. The main campus always have more facilities and good view than the other campuses.