1,080 Bournemouth University reviews

• Bournemouth University
Emma

Bournemouth University

Television Production BA (Hons)

1st year has been tough due to covid , however I still have really enjoyed the course and the uni has done what it can do teach us as well as they can remotely.

Alicia

Geography BSc (Hons)

My experience in the last two years has been far from the generic student experience however, I couldn’t picture myself in any other town or at any other university. My course has a small tight knit cohort, the course leader is supportive and shares encouragement in abundance. Our optional units are engaging, we have a lot of field work opportunities which have recently started up again as they were halted throughout the pandemic. They have tried their best throughout teaching online, not everything has gone to plan but it is trial and error and they put in place a no detriment policy as well as granting extensions for those in need. The placement fund helps make a year in industry more accessible, my placement officer is a true gem! She’s so helpful! Completing a placement is great before graduating as it helps get you ahead and make contacts. BU is very geared up for making you employable and have opportunities to study abroad and apply for scholarships, I’ve been lucky enough to have two. The overall area is great, lots to do, a nice coastal town with a student vibe. Overall so far so good!

Bournemouth University

Psychology (with Foundation Year) BSc (Hons)

From the start of this course it was unclear how we were supposed to access a lot of the online learning. I also do not believe that online learning is a substitute for in person lectures and seminars. When I needed extra support, some tutors were more helpful than others but overall I found the course to be disjointed and disappointing.

Nicola

Bournemouth University

I found the facilities to be really useful and accessible, with some teaching staff being really useful. However, overall I felt a lot of pressure from the lecturers, felt really unsupported and often over looked. Many emails would get either a late or non existent response, and scheduled meetings constantly cancelled or rescheduled by teaching staff. Bournemouth itself is amazing, I just feel let down by the University.

Mollie

Bournemouth University

Media Production BA (Hons)

amazing support from learning support, teachers and friends. i love being a student at the college and being part of the student union makes me stand out more as a college student

Lucy

Nutrition BSc (Hons)

Poor experience due to coronavirus. Not visited campus once and all learning is online, nothing blended. Hard to learn but tutors are supportive and next year should hopefully improve.

Michael

Bournemouth University

Sport Management BSc (Hons)

COVID has made it difficult to experience the uni life to the full extent. Don’t think the 9 grand a year is value to what I’ve experienced this year both academically and socially

Elin

Bournemouth University

Events Management BA (Hons)

Really amazing! Had the best 4 years and would do it all again Would really recommend Bournemouth university as it’s got the beach, nightlife and great campus

Jay

Bournemouth University

Forensic Computing and Security BSc (Hons)

The pandemic has definitely put a dampener on things, as I’ve barely been on campus, but looking past that, it’s still been enjoyable and I’ve learnt a lot with great support from my course.

Criminology BA (Hons)

I haven't enjoyed my first year at university, I have really struggled with it being online. I felt when I was asking for help that I was bugging my professor and being a burden