Bournemouth University

• Bournemouth University
LD
Lucy Deadman
FIRST YEAR

I am a mature (37) student at Bournemouth University and have appreciated the support I have received so far. If I cannot attend due to child care they ensure I can still access the required content, as well as offering extra support for the assignments and wellbeing support. I would prefer more emphasis on mature student social life, but maybe there is and I don't have time outside of uni work due to having a child!

Lucie
SECOND YEAR

Marketing Communications with Public Relations BA (Hons)

Amazing student life, teachers, student support. Great student town, so much to do every day.

RS
Rohan Singh

MSc International Hospitality & Tourism Management

Firstly, Bournemouth University is highly recommended by hospitality professionals, again Bournemouth being a place for tourist it creates a lot of opportunities for employment, Bournemouth University organizes many conferences, seminar, social events so it becomes easy to network with professionals in industry, Bournemouth university has a student support team in the student union. It helps students in different ways like funding, counseling, etc.

SH
Samantha hall
FIRST YEAR

Psychology with Forensic Investigation BSc (Hons)

Mental health support could be better but overall good uni

KC
Karla Calderón

Film BA (Hons)

I love how the academic curriculum works because we get to do a lot of practical stuff which is crucial in my career to have a better understanding of the professional environment we’re going to be working on in the future.

UQ
ufaq qamar

MSc Information Technology

I have found it a great place for study and doing much in my IT field and I wish all the best to university.

Lewis
SECOND YEAR

Business & Management BA (Hons)

It has that feeling of a small place which I really like

AP
Alfie Pallett

Nutrition BSc (Hons)

Being near the beach is very beneficial when you want to get away from your studies , currently there is a mix of “hybrid learning “ which involves a blend of online and face to face learning

JC
Jessie Cullinan
First gen student
FIRST YEAR

Forensic Investigation BSc (Hons)

THE BEACH!!! and the easy accessibility not only into town and the surrounding areas but also across the country.

DC
Darcie Cooper
First gen student
FIRST YEAR

The lectures are of a really high quality and make it enjoyable to learn more about the profession I want to go into. The facilities are amazing and there are so many study spots all over campus. The worst aspect of uni for me personally was probably the first couple of weeks, as I found it hard to adjust and felt really homesick at the beginning. I had a hard time adjusting and I don’t drink either so I found it harder to meet people. But eventually I got settled in and now it feels like home.

Reviewed: 30 March 2022