Blackburn College | Student Reviews

• Blackburn College
Student
28 Aug 18

Blackburn College

Disgraceful. Useless. Lecturers were nasty and spiteful. Overall poor. Avoid. Attitude from lecturers is highly negative. They don't help students get the higher grade. Lancaster university need to look at the majority courses being delivered and the people that are being employed to teach the degrees. Many don't even have a masters degree never mind a phd degree. The staff are so lazy and not bothered.

UA
Uzma Ahmed
27 Jun 18

Blackburn College

Loved it. Would definitely recommend this course to others. I have learnt so much. I came in knowing nothing. I have left with so much knowledge. I would love to thank my lecturers.

GT
Glad to have gone

Blackburn College

Electrical and Electronic Engineering (with Industry Year) BEng (Hons)

Blackburn college is awful. There are a handful of lecturers that are very good. They are becoming demoralised with the college. You pay your money, in my case £5000 and after that they are not interested. Badly organised. Terrible, rude incompetent management. They employ inexperienced, poorly qualified teachers. The promised us one awarding body and changed to another one. We have waited months and months for certificates and then when they arrive they have ignored the letter you gave at their request to post out your certificate. There is nothing that they can do well. The whole course have been let down and yet we have had no apology other than from the embarrassed lecturers who still care. I would suggest that you go elsewhere even if it is inconvenient, more expensive and takes longer. Blackburn will let you down again and again.

27 Jun 17

Blackburn College

My experience so far has been very poor and i regret ever coming to this university. Lecturers are very poor and are always being replaced. The university does not seem to be able to keep lecturers longer than 2 months at any time. Practicals are very basic and not to university degree standard more to level 3 standard. Lab Apparatus old and not calibrated giving false results. I would not recommend this University to anyone, I would go as far to say go and find any other Uni but this. Also this University seems to allow plagiarism and cheating but will deny this when it is brought to their attention. All they are interested in is passing as many students as possible to boost their statistics. So if you don't want to study hard and learn very little this maybe the uni for you.

Blackburn College

RUBBISH - STAY CLEAR. THE COLLEGE HIDES BEHIND LANCASTER UNIVERSITIES REPUTATION, BUT PLEASE DO NOT BE FOOLED. STAFF TURN-OVER IS HIGH. STUDENTS CONSTANTLY RESIT.

Computing (Software Development) FdSc

Dissapointing, very disorganised, complaints regarding course not taken seriously. Will not recommend. The facilities at the university are a joke especially in the computing sector. Lack of PC's and broken equipment take 2 months to be fixed.

Blackburn College

Business Studies BA (Hons)

Unfortunately the standard of the university is going down. Tutors are not always inclined to help students achieve anything higher than a pass mark, as apparently that's the 'level the are required to teach to'. This attitude from tutors is highly negative and has definitely had an impact on me deciding to carry on my further studies at another university. The facilities are generally good, many libraries & canteens to choose from. Maybe Lancaster as the governing body of some of the courses should get involved to raise standards