Student reviews of Blackburn College

11 Blackburn College reviews

• Blackburn College
Sahida

Blackburn College

It has been a wonderful journey and hopefully I can continue and progress further for post-graduate study. The college is a good location and convenient for me as a parent.

Not

Not bad not sure

Blackburn College

Poor. Not a very safe place to study. The university centre is not safe too many gangs. People often shouting. Poor. Overall very poor. Staff are often confrontational and rude.

30 Aug 18

Blackburn College

Overall very poor. Disrespectful lecturers. They are insulting and bad mannered and put students down alot especially in coursework. Disgraceful. How you get good reviews. Very poor. The management team at the university should be ashamed of themselves.

28 Aug 18

Blackburn College

Disgraceful. Useless. Lecturers were nasty and spiteful. Overall poor. Avoid. Attitude from lecturers is highly negative. They don't help students get the higher grade. Lancaster university need to look at the majority courses being delivered and the people that are being employed to teach the degrees. Many don't even have a masters degree never mind a phd degree. The staff are so lazy and not bothered.

UA
Uzma Ahmed
27 Jun 18

Blackburn College

Loved it. Would definitely recommend this course to others. I have learnt so much. I came in knowing nothing. I have left with so much knowledge. I would love to thank my lecturers.

Anon
27 Jun 17

Blackburn College

My experience so far has been very poor and i regret ever coming to this university. Lecturers are very poor and are always being replaced. The university does not seem to be able to keep lecturers longer than 2 months at any time. Practicals are very basic and not to university degree standard more to level 3 standard. Lab Apparatus old and not calibrated giving false results. I would not recommend this University to anyone, I would go as far to say go and find any other Uni but this. Also this University seems to allow plagiarism and cheating but will deny this when it is brought to their attention. All they are interested in is passing as many students as possible to boost their statistics. So if you don't want to study hard and learn very little this maybe the uni for you.

RL
ROGER LIVESEY

Blackburn College

RUBBISH - STAY CLEAR. THE COLLEGE HIDES BEHIND LANCASTER UNIVERSITIES REPUTATION, BUT PLEASE DO NOT BE FOOLED. STAFF TURN-OVER IS HIGH. STUDENTS CONSTANTLY RESIT.

Health HND

Brilliant experience from teaching staff. The support, methods of teaching is more than I have ever hoped to get at university. Staff very interactive with students.

Computing (Software Development) FdSc

Dissapointing, very disorganised, complaints regarding course not taken seriously. Will not recommend. The facilities at the university are a joke especially in the computing sector. Lack of PC's and broken equipment take 2 months to be fixed.