Blackburn College | Student Reviews

27 Blackburn College reviews

• Blackburn College
Jade

Blackburn College

My overall experience has been fantastic so far! I've made a great group of friends because my class is so small, and we have a laugh with the tutors. I have excelled my expectations with grades and achieved A's and B+'s in my first year thanks to my tutors help and the content they deliver. The lessons are completely related to the job you want to do, and the course has made Me rethink what career I want to do because it takes you down so many higher paying jobs! I've learnt laws and legislations and skills that will benefit me in my future career and its only been first year! No one is judgemental which is great because I like to dress in all colours usually, but you can literally be yourself as the uni is inclusive and diverse. During the coronavirus, teaching has remained and all tutors have been in regular contact to make sure I'm OK and if I need any help. Theyve even worked out of hours to provide one to one support to get me through assignments! Really gone above and beyond! All materials have still be accessible.

Cathrine

Blackburn College

So far my experience has been challenging, learning again after years away from education, yet it has been so fulfilling, the photography department is a wonderful hub of activity, students from all The three years cross paths within the week, and are respectful and helpful to each other. We have a fantastic team of tutors who without doubt go above and beyond for all the students. For anybody considering Blackburn college to study the photography course, then I would definitely recommend it. I feel very much a part of my department and I am looking forward to my third year next year.

Nicola

Disability Studies with Inclusive Practice FdA

So far i have had an great experience. I have received more than enough support and i'm glad i made the choice and chose Blackburn university centre to study my degree. I have gone from having zero confidence in myself to being so proud of what i have achieved in such a sort time with the support of peers and the university.

Sian

Blackburn College

Disability Studies (with Inclusive Practice) (Top up) BA (Hons)

I’ve been there nearly 3 years now and it’s been such an amazing experience. I would recommend anyone to join Blackburn university because the tutors are so supportive and help throughout anything. Always make you work to the best of your ability while encouraging you to do your best in every aspect

Jennifer

Disability Studies with Inclusive Practice FdA

Blackburn college is a fantastic opportunity to further your career prospects, meet new people and enjoy learning. I have no regrets whatsoever and as a mature student it has given me valuable knowledge in IT skills I thought I could never have.

mary

Disability Studies with Inclusive Practice FdA

I have really enjoyed attending the university, i have found the course is very interesting and informative. The staff are very helpful and support the students to achieve there full potential

Blackburn College

Disability Studies (with Inclusive Practice) (Top up) BA (Hons)

I have thoroughly enjoyed studying Disability studies at foundation level and now BA. There is plenty of support available, a wide range of books, journals and articles available in the library and online for students to access. Tutors for the course are amazing in the way they deliver the information and support students.

Lois

Blackburn College

Law (Accelerated Route) LLB (Hons)

My overall college experience has been quite enjoyable. This is because, the staff are friendly, proffessional and understanding to any needs that you may have. The facilities within the college campus are good as you can use all of the buildings facilities and not just the universities.

Blackburn College

Law (Accelerated Route) LLB (Hons)

Absolutely fantastic place to study. Lovely friendly staff that are always on hand to help if you have any problems. Staff are more than qualified to teach lessons. Staff are great if you need any one to one help. I feel safe whilst I’m studying both in and around campus overall would highly recommend to any student thinking about attending the University Center at Blackburn College. I have nearly finished my degree in Law and I’m hoping to go on to study a Masters In Law here as well.

Beth

Blackburn College

Computing (Top up) BSc (Hons)

I have had brilliant time, meeting new friends throughout my time here and and growing as a person both academically and in my personal life. I have also gained qualifications and my prospects for the future are looking good.