Blackburn College

29 Blackburn College reviews

• Blackburn College
Lauren
20 Aug 20

Teaching and Learning Support (Primary) (Top-Up) BA (Hons)

I have had a great experience at this college. I have been coming here for many years and I will sure miss it now that I have finished my studies. I left high school with just about no GCSES. Blackburn college helped me achieve them. It took me 6 years’ worth of resits at this college to achieve a grade 4 in GCSE maths. In all that time it took they allowed me back time and time again to try again. They never gave up on me and never lost faith. They always believed I could achieve it which help me carry on trying even when I thought it was a waste of time. Tutors at Blackburn College helped me see that I could go far and that I should aim high. They encouraged me to go to the university centre. If it wasn’t for the push that I needed I don't think I would have gone. They helped me keep my determination to achieve my end results. They helped me believe that I was capable of becoming a teacher even when I thought my quiet personality/ shyness would hold me back. It has taken many years of hard work to get to where I am today and if it wasn't for Blackburn College, I don't think I would have achieved what I have today. The tutors here are fantastic at helping you grow into the person you want to be and know you can be. They help you find confidence in yourself and your abilities. They have always been there to support me academically or to be a listening ear when things got a little too much. They understood that a work/study balance is hard, and they will support you through it. I could not be more thankful and grateful for this college. They are the reason I have not given up on my dream. Blackburn College has helped me achieve a first degree and have even encouraged me to go for my masters. If you choose Blackburn College, you will not regret it. It is an amazing college and university with lovely small classes and fantastic tutors.

WM
Wendy Morrison

Disability Studies (with Inclusive Practice) (Top up) BA (Hons)

I have thoroughly enjoyed studying Disability studies at foundation level and now BA. There is plenty of support available, a wide range of books, journals and articles available in the library and online for students to access. Tutors for the course are amazing in the way they deliver the information and support students.

Jennifer

Disability Studies with Inclusive Practice FdA

Blackburn college is a fantastic opportunity to further your career prospects, meet new people and enjoy learning. I have no regrets whatsoever and as a mature student it has given me valuable knowledge in IT skills I thought I could never have.

Jade

My overall experience has been fantastic so far! I've made a great group of friends because my class is so small, and we have a laugh with the tutors. I have excelled my expectations with grades and achieved A's and B+'s in my first year thanks to my tutors help and the content they deliver. The lessons are completely related to the job you want to do, and the course has made Me rethink what career I want to do because it takes you down so many higher paying jobs! I've learnt laws and legislations and skills that will benefit me in my future career and its only been first year! No one is judgemental which is great because I like to dress in all colours usually, but you can literally be yourself as the uni is inclusive and diverse. During the coronavirus, teaching has remained and all tutors have been in regular contact to make sure I'm OK and if I need any help. Theyve even worked out of hours to provide one to one support to get me through assignments! Really gone above and beyond! All materials have still be accessible.

mary

Disability Studies with Inclusive Practice FdA

I have really enjoyed attending the university, i have found the course is very interesting and informative. The staff are very helpful and support the students to achieve there full potential

Nicola

Disability Studies with Inclusive Practice FdA

So far i have had an great experience. I have received more than enough support and i'm glad i made the choice and chose Blackburn university centre to study my degree. I have gone from having zero confidence in myself to being so proud of what i have achieved in such a sort time with the support of peers and the university.

CF
Crystal Feast

Working With Children and Young People FdA

N/a

Sian

Disability Studies (with Inclusive Practice) (Top up) BA (Hons)

I’ve been there nearly 3 years now and it’s been such an amazing experience. I would recommend anyone to join Blackburn university because the tutors are so supportive and help throughout anything. Always make you work to the best of your ability while encouraging you to do your best in every aspect

Cathrine

So far my experience has been challenging, learning again after years away from education, yet it has been so fulfilling, the photography department is a wonderful hub of activity, students from all The three years cross paths within the week, and are respectful and helpful to each other. We have a fantastic team of tutors who without doubt go above and beyond for all the students. For anybody considering Blackburn college to study the photography course, then I would definitely recommend it. I feel very much a part of my department and I am looking forward to my third year next year.

SS
Sajeeda Sharif
21 Aug 20

Teaching and Learning Support Primary FdA

Good experience overall as I was taught by outstanding tutors who got to know me as a person and therefore were able to support my individual needs. I would recommend the course for the individuals who would want to pursue primary teaching.