1,057 Bath Spa University reviews

• Bath Spa University

Bath Spa University

Graphic Communication BA (Hons)

In the three years here, I have learnt to broaden my skills and learn new techniques such as developing my own film or etching. I’ve made connections with other designers in the industry and on my course. These years have given me growth and forged a stronger passion for my work and hope for when I will step out into the industry. The teachers have been supportive and understanding through my experience and I’ve watched myself grow in confidence for speaking about myself and my work as professional.

Bath Spa University

Interior Design BA (Hons)

The whole experience of studying this year has taught me so much about being adaptable, being independent and, almost, how to seamlessly do an online presentation! It was a big question for a lot of people whether or not to go to uni this year due to covid but I genuinely have no regrets about deciding to go. Yes the nightlife was impacted, I didn’t get a freshers, but that just didn’t feel like a big deal to me at all. I’ve still made some amazing friends, done PLENTY of pub trips and got to enjoy my new home. As my course is for my dream career I was slightly worried that a negative experience could put me off but my experience this year has been so positive that I’m just even more excited to carry on in this industry. I would recommend the uni, and especially the art and design school, to anyone. It’s a great place to be completely free and creative.

Ciara

Bath Spa University

Education Studies BA (Hons)

Being online in my final year was not ideal. When it was blended learning in semester 1 I was only on campus 3 times in a fortnight which definitely wasn’t worth it sitting 1m apart in masks for hours in lectures struggling to hear/interact with people. I somehow managed to complete my dissertation without any physical books.

Connor

Bath Spa University

Law (Professional Placement Year) LLB (Hons)

It’s been great. Considering the circumstances due to COVID-19 and online lectures etc, the university has still managed to keep and maintain my interest and productivity during this difficult time. I’ve enjoyed my time in first year.

Annabelle

Bath Spa University

Furniture and Product Design BA (Hons)

This year has been effect dramatically by covid. The quality of the course has been effected, the opportunities and trips have been taken away and bonding with lecturers and class mates have coursed the course to have low morale

Georgia

Bath Spa University

My experience of university has been adequate this year. Given the circumstances due to Covid-19, what the university has provided has been good in ensuring we are able to carry on with learning for the third and arguably most important year at university. While I of course would have liked to have attended in person, academically it has been in a way better to have more control of when to do lectures and has actually allowed me to organise my time better. I have however missed speaking to my lecturers in person and feel there has been a lack of opportunity for their guidance and support. While I am fortunate to live with a course mate, what I have missed most is the interaction with and working alongside my other course mates.

Lauren

Bath Spa University

Criminology BA (Hons)/BSc (Hons)

Would not recommend, all I have got from this experience is debt and poor mental health. This university does not care about the well being of its students, all they care about is money and you are just seen as a number to them. It does not offer value for money at all, there were multiple times where lecturers would fail to turn up to lectures without letting students know, and there were also multiple times where they would finish lectures after half an hour because they ran out of slides. Please do not make the same mistakes that I did and go to this university as it will ruin your mental health and make you wish you never went there.

Photography BA (Hons)

With the university I thank them for all their hard work. But I think you need to give more le way to students who don’t have the proper equipment or the proper working space to complete their work. I also think every student deserves. Full refund when it comes to this year due to covid. Like I said in a previous question I have no been into an acedemic building once this year everything has been online. I’ve had to pay out more for better WiFi, better laptop and over the web supplies which I wouldn’t have to buy if it was face to face. I also think that there should be support groups during this hard time where we can connect with others.

DJ
Daisy Jackson

Bath Spa University

Fashion Design (with Foundation Year) BA (Hons)

No help from any of the nonacademic services when dealing with problems such as accommodation and complaints. Constantly referred to other services when dealing with issues, none of which actually dealt with the problem, ended up going round in circles with no resolution. Would be easier to deal with the problems yourself rather than waiting days for an email response, or having staff set up meetings that they don't even attend.

Chloe