Bangor University | Student Reviews

2,000 Bangor University reviews

• Bangor University
Theresa

Sustainable Forest and Nature Management (SUFONAMA) (Erasmus Mundus course) MSc

it's a bit of a Debby Downer town, Bangor, and classes are a little all over the place with timetables changing all the time, which makes it difficult to get into a rhythm. But we did a lot of field work with class which is great for forestry.

They offer all kinds of workshops

It depends on the course, while some are v engaging others absolutely aren't - waaay too much course work, and it'd be nice if all assignments were rated, rather than producing poor ungraded work.

Students' Union N/A
This user did not feel that they could enter a score for this category

I'm only here for one year and very busy with my course

Accommodation
What do you think about the safety, condition, location and cost of your accommodation?

It's alright - a little sterile, and there was no communal space on the floor, only at the bottom of the building, so you didn't really meet people from your hall very much

How good are your university’s facilities?

They're good.

Somehow it feels like they aren't very active, and too much goes via facebook. Not that much music, not that many green things

Alright - very difficult to receive quality support for statistics, which is so important in science at higher levels!

GP
Georgia Purcell

Bangor University

The university has exceeded my expectations. I never expected to feel so at home in a place I had never been to before. The societies and clubs on offer furthered my experience. The university goes out of their way to ensure that all students get the most out of their time, and prepares us for life after university.

Jodie

Marine Biology and Oceanography MSci

I'm in my 2nd year at university, and am involved with an academic society and 2 sports clubs. I am also doing a course in basic french that is being provided free of cost. I am greatly enjoying my time in uni, and will admit that while I am finding some bits a challenge, I am still enjoying my course.

Sam

Marine Biology and Zoology MSci

Halls was appalling, most of the degree course itself has been interesting and with support from lecturers, extra curricular is exceptional in terms of variety and investment by SU

Ellie

Bangor University

very good Course content is good, useful and well taught. Lecturers are friendly, approachable and very knowledgeable about their subject areas. My previous personal tutors were not very approachable, and did not seem to take an interest other than my attendance. My current tutor is very approachable and has helped with a lot of things throughout my current year.

Ryan

Biology BSc (Hons)

Despite the constant stress, the large workload and the rainy Welsh days, going to Bangor University is still one of the best experiences I've had so far and I don't regret a second of it! For me, it's not so much the academic side, it's more the people you meet along the way.

Lucy

Bangor University

History and Archaeology BA (Hons)

Pretty good, mainly for the social aspect. I’m part of 2 clubs so extremely busy. Contact hours could be more but it gives me time to do my own thing. Overall the best 3 years of my life

Robert

Ageing and Dementia Studies PhD

Post graduate research (PhD) experience has been for the most part a delight. I have excellent adult relationships with my two supervisors. Only blot was the viva.

Ellie

Bangor University

It's been perfect. The location of the uni is stunning and there are loads of free societies that cater to everyone. It's been an amazing experience and if recommend Bangor to anyone

Nathan

Bangor University

Electronic Engineering BEng (Hons)

Really good. Its just there computer infrastructure which is a mess. Has anyone heard about putting everything on one platform or one place. or better still, put everything they can on multiple platforms. One thing for sure if your going to university and paying 10k per year I would expect they would not block any of the services they pay for though the students money!! OFFICE 365, is a beautiful platform, and yet the university place certain blocks and call it security, I call it ignorance. But then they do say ignorance is bliss, well it might be bliss for them, but for university students it's a nightmare. So three stars because brilliant university but they need to fix there computer infrastructure ! ! !