Bangor University | Student Reviews

2,083 Bangor University reviews

• Bangor University
Mayuri

Applied Behaviour Analysis MSc/PGDip/PGCert

Overall university experience has been great till now. Still exploring all the facilities and workshops provided , which builds up more excitement for me. The libraries are amazing and are my favourite part.

University conducts workshops, at time to time basis regarding careers and work employability with well-advanced emails regarding to it are also sent.

The course is excellent in all terms and there is nothing I don’t like about it. The lecturers are amazing and helpful. The lectures are fantastic. The course content is very rich making it an excellent opportunity to learn new things every week.

Student union is very enthusiatic and very helpful. Due to the coursework I didn’t get a lot of chance to involve.

Accommodation
What do you think about the safety, condition, location and cost of your accommodation?

The accomodation is amazing with a beautiful view of the mountains. The room is perfect for one person with all the required things. We are 15 people in one corridor. Being someone who likes her own space. This gave me an excellent opportunity to interact and socialize with other flatmates.

How good are your university’s facilities?

The university facilities are way beyond than I had expected. Everything is taken very good care of due to which there is nothing that is not available e.g, the printers. The electronic doors are an excellent feature. Also the electronic key card facilities for student halls provides a safe environment.

Bangor is a small and beautiful town with lots of walking making it a very healthy lifestyle. The options are limited but provides exactly what’s needed.

There are so many clubs and societies at the university. And I have attended quite a lot events from the society. Everyone is friendly and the members of the society are very enthusiastic about what they do.

As I have already mentioned in previous sections , they are excellent.

GP
Georgia Purcell

Bangor University

The university has exceeded my expectations. I never expected to feel so at home in a place I had never been to before. The societies and clubs on offer furthered my experience. The university goes out of their way to ensure that all students get the most out of their time, and prepares us for life after university.

Jodie

Marine Biology and Oceanography MSci

I'm in my 2nd year at university, and am involved with an academic society and 2 sports clubs. I am also doing a course in basic french that is being provided free of cost. I am greatly enjoying my time in uni, and will admit that while I am finding some bits a challenge, I am still enjoying my course.

Sam

Marine Biology and Zoology MSci

Halls was appalling, most of the degree course itself has been interesting and with support from lecturers, extra curricular is exceptional in terms of variety and investment by SU

Ellie

Bangor University

very good Course content is good, useful and well taught. Lecturers are friendly, approachable and very knowledgeable about their subject areas. My previous personal tutors were not very approachable, and did not seem to take an interest other than my attendance. My current tutor is very approachable and has helped with a lot of things throughout my current year.

Ryan

Biology BSc (Hons)

Despite the constant stress, the large workload and the rainy Welsh days, going to Bangor University is still one of the best experiences I've had so far and I don't regret a second of it! For me, it's not so much the academic side, it's more the people you meet along the way.

Lucy

Bangor University

History and Archaeology BA (Hons)

Pretty good, mainly for the social aspect. I’m part of 2 clubs so extremely busy. Contact hours could be more but it gives me time to do my own thing. Overall the best 3 years of my life

Robert

Ageing and Dementia Studies PhD

Post graduate research (PhD) experience has been for the most part a delight. I have excellent adult relationships with my two supervisors. Only blot was the viva.

Billy

Bangor University

So far apart from wirting assigments over 5000 words I have loved my experience here and would definately recommend this uni to anybody who was thinking of attending a university in Wales.

Shona

Environmental Science MEnvSci

Love it, best decision I’ve made by far to come and study here. Met amazing people and have memories that’ll last forever as cheesy as it may sound. Oh and you get the sound of rain to get to sleep to because of sunny wales