Student reviews of Bangor University

Bangor University 1677 reviews

Filter reviews

Morufu Opeyemi Asimiyu

Bangor University

Law (2 year programme) LLB (Hons)

My overall experience has been great. However, I have to get involved in more extra-curricular activities next session. There are many clubs and societies that I believe will impact my experience here in Bangor University positively. Therefore, I look forward to grabbing a couple of volunteering opportunities that are always advertised on the University's website and student emails, as well as joining clubs and societies of my choice.

Bangor University Law School syllabus is designed in a way that focuses on acquisition of sufficient transferable skills and the University organises guest lectures and fairs that are career-oriented. The University's Careers and Employability Service always advertises employment opportunities, internship and enterprise schemes. The Careers and Employability Service personnel are always available to assist we international students by offering us career advice, CV checks, among others.

In fact, my Law School's teaching style (lectures, workshops, tutorials, timely provision of relevant learning materials) is excellent. Also, the teaching staff are friendly and accessible. They are always available to do everything possible to make us excel in our studies.

What do you think of your Students' Union? If you don't get involved, why not?

The Students' Union officials are doing a great job. They are always available to assist their fellow students to the best of their ability. I am not involved at the moment because this is my first year and I want to get myself fully settled in. I have been able to achieve that and I participated in the last Students' Union election.

How good are your university’s facilities?

The facilities are good. Although most of the buildings are old, they are well maintained.

City Life
What’s the city life like?

The city appears rural, but the University's presence makes lively during term time.

Clubs and Societies
What are the clubs and societies like?

Bangor University's clubs and societies are doing great. I belong to the Law Society and we are doing excellently well. Although I do not belong to any other society yet, my friends who are in different clubs and societies always share their experience with me. It is really educative, informative and fun-filled to be part of those active clubs and societies. I plan to join a couple of them next session.

The support structure of the University is excellent. We have personal tutors, who follow up our academic progress and how international students are acclamitising to the new environment. Also, we always get our feedback in time and they are always detailed, clear and helpful. Counsellors are always available to assist students and they always encourage students to visit them for advice whenever there is the need to. They send emails to students virtually every week to remind us to make use of the counselling department.

Zoology BSc (Hons)
05 Jun 18

Worst 3 years of my life. Dreams had a massive dent due to an incompetent university from top to bottom. As long as they got my money they couldn't care less on my education or well-being

James Marketing

Secondary Education (Mathematics) PGCE

How intriguingly intriguing. I wonder if people are aware of this. Who can tell whether this needs to be exposed or not. I really think it should be, but not sure I can be bothered.

abi

Bangor University

Business Economics BSc (Hons)

Hannah-Marie Hailes

Bangor University

Zoology with Animal Behaviour BSc (Hons)

I love it, I couldn't imagine getting on this well anywhere else. Bangor was the best choice I ever made. I have had some wonderful opportunities in societies and with course field trips and there is a great range of modules to choose from and all our lecturers are amazingly enthusiastic

James

Bangor University

Business Economics BSc (Hons)

Emma Palmer

Bangor University

Childhood and Youth Studies and Psychology BA (Hons)

I've loved it! Coming to university is definitely the biggest adjustment I've had in my life but I'm grateful for it because I've learnt skills that I never would have had. The sense of being responsible for your own learning is definitely one that I wouldn't necessarily have had if I had gone straight into work

Antony

Bangor University

Physical Geography and Oceanography BSc (Hons)

Robert Jones

Geography BSc (Hons)

Bangor is an excellent place to study, it is a very small city so everything is very accessible and easy to reach. The halls of residence are a very pleasant environment to be part of, and there is also availability to go back into halls in following years. The lecturers are all passionate about their subjects, and my course offers a wealth of fieldwork opportunities, including trips into Snowdonia National Park, a week field trip to Cornwall, and field trips abroad to Tenerife and Barcelona. I will truly miss Bangor University once i graduate in the summer of 2019.

Balachandar Kaliappan

Consumer Psychology with Business MSc/PGDip/PGCert

Fantastic. I would like continue my higher studies if there is an opportunity for me. Also the university gave confidence in building my own career (like consulting and starting business).

Rating summary