Bangor University | Student Reviews

2,444 Bangor University reviews

• Bangor University

Geography PhD

I have been here for my undergrad, masters and now PHD so it cant be that bad ey. Bloody love it. Big up Bangor. HASHTAG number one uni eva. Best in WALES. Best in the UK

Bangor University

Marine Vertebrate Zoology BSc (Hons)

Amazing I have been offered many opportunities throughout my university experience, which have furthered my studies and future carer choices. Having sports free has meant I've taken time off my degree to focus more on my mental health and physical health, as well as make many life long friends.

Ella

Bangor University

Philosophy and Religion BA (Hons)

So far I have loved my university experience. I would not change my decision to come to Bangor university. The course I am on is so interesting and I already feel I have got so much out of it and I know topics I have covered will be of great benefit in the future. The whole experience of university has been great so far, I have a good group of friends and am enjoying all my experiences. The views in Bangor are amazing and personally I love being in the outdoors so the location of my university is ideal to benefit me

Music PhD

I knew what I was getting into when I decided to go to Bangor for my PhD. There are its benefits (mostly, anything to do with Wales and Welsh) and there are its downsides (a small, unorganized department with a terrible undergraduate and performance programme.) I would not recommend this university to anyone for music unless they wanted to study Welsh music.

Nathan

Soil and Environmental Science PhD

Very good. Staff are very supportive and there are plenty of channels to go down if we're unhappy about anything. The clubs and societies mean there's always something to do, in addition, they're all free to join so are accessible to all too.

Callum

Geography BA (Hons)

I really am enjoying my time at university, I am constantly learning new topics and it is helping me develop to be an professional individual. I am learning much more than I had anticipated, and the abundance of opportunities which come with university are amazing. I am happy I chose to come to bangor university.

Amelia

Bangor University

It's been great, even better than expected. The social and sport side has been a really important part for me and Bangor really encourages this. I think this also make the academic side better as you feel like belong more and so want to come to lectures and stuff.

David

Adult Nursing BN (Hons)

Great, looking forward to 3rd year. Enjoying learning the profession of nursing. Feel very privileged to be on the course and putting a lot of effort into doing the best for myself. I'm motivated and drive to learn as much so I can become the nurse I've had the desire to be. I believe I'm in the right place to become successful which is the most important thing. Although the sport societies are nonexistent this does not affect how I view the university. I am very happy without it.

Amber

Marine Biology MSci

i have loved my university experience. except i found halls quite stressful and found private accommodation helped! The course content and tutors are fantastic and the scenery is wonderful.

Tayla

Bangor University

I have never been more happier than being at uni. I have met so many amazing people, had so much fun and learnt so much about myself and being independent. I settled immediately and felt so at home.