2,494 Bangor University reviews

• Bangor University
V
Victoria

Marine Biology and Oceanography MSci

I have had a great time at Bangor, and am not looking forward to leaving! I am glad that I stayed for a fourth year. I have found it to be a good environment to gain qualifications and to join clubs and societies.

Elliot

Bangor University

Zoology with Animal Behaviour BSc (Hons)

Overall it has brilliant! Socially it has helped me develop through the living situations as well as events and nights out. It has also pushed me academically to work hard on my own and support classmates in group study sessions. I have made friends for life and I'm looking forward to graduating with my predicted 2.1.

Maxim

Bangor University

Psychology with Neuropsychology BSc (Hons)

really fun, had a great time and made amazing friends, the lectures are really interesting and I love the place. I would definitely recommend it to anyone that loves nature and the outdoors, or of people enjoy nightlife because Bangor has really great pubs as well as naturey things to do.

Sam

Marine Biology and Zoology MSci

Halls was appalling, most of the degree course itself has been interesting and with support from lecturers, extra curricular is exceptional in terms of variety and investment by SU

Anand

Bangor University

Accounting and Finance BSc (Hons)

10/10 would recommend to anyone. Bangor uni should be highly regarded as one of the best unis in the country and for sure is the best choice I made was to come here

Donna

Bangor University

Very good. Most of staff are very friendly and helpful. The facilities of the university are easy to use and well maintained. Libraries have pleasantly long opening times.

Livia

Sociology BA (Hons)

Before I joined the university, I heard a lot of great things about it. However, once I started my course, I realized that many students are not even showing up for the lectures, especially not for the seminars. I expected to have fuller weeks and more exams. But especially since my second years, my hours dropped massively. At the moment I only got 4hours even though there could be so many things they could teach us. In my course, they had some great lecturers but some of them left the university which is quite sad as they were the most popular lecturers in my course. I think things got worse once the university decided to bring the social science school together with history and archaeology.

Eva

Bangor University

English Language and English Literature BA (Hons)

I think it is a good experience of life. More, being an international student because you can compare and face different ways of being taught. I think it is important not only because of the university itself, but because of the way you develop as a person, being independent for the first time in life.

Sophie

Marine Vertebrate Zoology MSci

Absolutely amazing! Loving every moment and cannot wait to see what the future brings. Would highly recommend this university to anyone, especially to people who want to look into ocean sciences

Ellie

LLB Law LLB (Hons)

very good Course content is good, useful and well taught. Lecturers are friendly, approachable and very knowledgeable about their subject areas. My previous personal tutors were not very approachable, and did not seem to take an interest other than my attendance. My current tutor is very approachable and has helped with a lot of things throughout my current year.