2,494 Bangor University reviews

• Bangor University

Bangor University

Cymraeg (Welsh) and History BA (Hons)

Enjoyable. I play hockey and I have a great team so I really enjoy going. My lectures are on the whole interesting with some really enthusiastic lecturers. Feedback is helpful. Being by the sea and the mountains I’m always active which I couldn’t get elsewhere

Jodie

Marine Biology and Oceanography MSci

I'm in my 2nd year at university, and am involved with an academic society and 2 sports clubs. I am also doing a course in basic french that is being provided free of cost. I am greatly enjoying my time in uni, and will admit that while I am finding some bits a challenge, I am still enjoying my course.

Sammy

Bangor University

Marine Vertebrate Zoology BSc (Hons)

So far so good, academically and administratively. The location is beautiful and car helps to actually explore it! Small town can become dreary without the option of leaving

Lethe

Bangor University

Computer Science BSc (Hons)

So far I haven't enjoyed it. Mainly because the city is awfully mundane, repetitive and quite frankly boring. The univeristy has peer guides that were meant to assist new students and yet they never showed up. If you don't like to drink constantly or going hiking for example, then this not the place for you. Anything worth doing is in the town over, which in my opinion is ridiculous. In order to stay sane I would suggest making it a habit to frequently travel outside of Bangor, assimilating is very difficult in place such as this.

Cassie

Biology BSc (Hons)

Its been both good and bad. I would consider why you choose a specific uni and stick to that type. As i wanted to go to cardiff but ended up here. Its a degree at the end of the day and im happy and grateful to be studying. However, its so expensive for what it is. Its not the end all and be all.

Jarrad

Bangor University

Criminology and Criminal Justice BA (Hons)

all is good, no complaints, I enjoy it. Bangor is a great location to be based in and the university offers great courses and support. I would and do actively recommend the university to others.

Leon

Bangor University

Biomedical Science BSc (Hons)

Its good but rainy. Exams are hard, make sure to revise early. Essays are easier than you think, just sit down in the library and zone out to lo-fi music. Easy pass.

Bangor University

Product Design BSc (Hons)

So far my university experience has been amazing, my flat and class mates are brilliant, and we help each other out. In addition my course and lecturers are fun and although it is hard work and occasionally stressful they always make sure we have a laugh and enjoy ourselves. The societies I have joined have been very welcoming, and have helped me to settle in to uni life as well as make friends during socials.

Bangor University

Very good and excellent support .And also bangor is situated in a beautiful place.The world ranking is 160th for international outlook.It is also course satisfaction

Bethan

Conservation and Land Management MSc

I love Bangor. I couldn’t imagine studying anywhere else, it’s such a great university and I don’t understand why it’s not more widely known... then again maybe it’s a good thing as it can be considered one of North Wales’ best kept secrets! Who wouldn’t want to study in a friendly environment, close to the sea and mountains, yet with all the added benefits of a university city.