2,494 Bangor University reviews

• Bangor University
David

Adult Nursing BN (Hons)

Great, looking forward to 3rd year. Enjoying learning the profession of nursing. Feel very privileged to be on the course and putting a lot of effort into doing the best for myself. I'm motivated and drive to learn as much so I can become the nurse I've had the desire to be. I believe I'm in the right place to become successful which is the most important thing. Although the sport societies are nonexistent this does not affect how I view the university. I am very happy without it.

Amber

Marine Biology MSci

i have loved my university experience. except i found halls quite stressful and found private accommodation helped! The course content and tutors are fantastic and the scenery is wonderful.

Tayla

Bangor University

I have never been more happier than being at uni. I have met so many amazing people, had so much fun and learnt so much about myself and being independent. I settled immediately and felt so at home.

Philippa

Bangor University

It has been great, staff are very supportive and the course is really interesting. It always sparks interest and a desire to look into things more and do extra reading

Courtney

Bangor University

Orientation and registration was really lacking but the University experience has been good otherwise. It's a good community and easy to make friends. I wish they put on more free events.

Alaw

Bangor University

Childhood and Youth Studies BA (Hons)

I'm loving every second.... and even though the last semester of my third years is very hard going..... I know it wil be 100% worth it. Hoping to get on the MA Social Work degree.............

Philosophy and Religion MRes

Very good so far, I did both undergrad and postgrad at Bangor and both have been very enjoyable and succesfull, I have had no issues at all! I would recommend Bangor to anyone

Bangor University

English Literature and Creative Writing BA (Hons)

It's been decent - there have been some really good bits and really crappy bits. I've really enjoyed learning about creative writing and feel that my student experience as a whole has been really valuable. The modules I've been studying have been so interesting and helped me develop as a writer, whilst living alone has helped me develop as a person. Despite this, I did go into university having been free of depression and anxiety for at least 6 months, and was once again anxious and wildly depressed within 2 months of starting uni. Since then I have been in hospital for self-harm and attempted suicide a few times. To be fair this might just be that adult life is really depressing more than university, but I have still been very depressed whilst at university. The university has provided me with counselling for free which has been great, and this has definitely helped, so generally my experience so far has been a bit of a mixed bag. I don't think I'd want to have not gone to Bangor University if I had the chance to change my decision.

Philippa

Bangor University

Law with Criminology LLB (Hons)

So far so good. Best decision to leave home where it is 5 hours away to make the journey to come to a satisfactory university, because now university is considered home unconsciously and miss it when I go back home.

Harry

Psychological Research MSc

Excellent. Have been at Bangor just for my postgrad (1 semester) and am enjoying it. Excellent uni, excellent school, excellent course, excellent teachers. The whole experience has been very enjoyable so far, and I have achieved good grades. Hope everything continues like this