Aston University, Birmingham

1,047 Aston University, Birmingham reviews

Our collection of real, honest student reviews of unis and courses is the largest in the UK, and help you make well-informed decisions about your future. Student reviews also form the basis of our annual Whatuni Student Choice Awards(WUSCAs), which highlight great work carried out by institutions for their students.

• Aston University, Birmingham

Business and Management BSc (Hons)

I have loved my time at the university, some lecturers could do with improving their lecture style but the range of socities, social activities and diversity of courses are amazing and it is well worth coming to this university

Reviewed: 03 November 2014
32440 reviews

Chemical Engineering BEng (Hons)

From 2010 to 2013 The university is pretty much accomidation .. around 60-70% of it! The manky buildings are almost all gone so the uni does look a bit more professional, if you don't think you can get into a red brick uni and live in the west midlands this is an excellent choice. The job prospects are actually good and their careers staff are hot on their stuff. Lecturers generally suck! 7/10 lecturers can't teach and are generally un-inspiring and difficult to get a hold of. The coruses are pretty standard university level material as far as i know. Social life is pretty good i'd give it an 8/10..you're in the city! it doesn't get more social than that! The gyms are a rip off the canteen food sucks but hey we have a tesco so make you're own :) oh and no parking :(

Reviewed: 09 June 2014

International Business MSc

The uni has probably the best marketing department in the UK... but the reality looks different! Super old building where the lectures take place, slow computers, partly unmotivated staff and some creepy drug-consuming people on campus. However, some of the lectures were good and mostly the people are friendly. Also, modern student accomodation and good location to city center.

Reviewed: 23 May 2014

Business and Management BSc (Hons)

Aston University is the best place for students looking to form long lasting friendships and helpful contacts. Being a small campus, it is really friendly and there is help and support at every corner. The courses it provides are very varied and one can do a specific course in the subject area that interests them the most for example...the variations for business courses or sociology courses. It is bang in the middle of the city centre that makes it easy access for anyone and everyone. Night life is great with many clubs and bars to choose from. Very close to the biggest shopping centre in Birmigham as well as supermarkets etc. The Uni has some of the best lecturers from around the world who are very helpful.

Reviewed: 13 May 2014

Business and Management BSc (Hons)

Accommodation is generally over priced due to location, cheaper private halls nearby, student housing too far to even consider unless lucky enough to get the few houses dotted about nearby. Student Union nights are awful, no exaggeration. Terrible. Don't waste your time go into the city centre, it has something for everyone. Nights at subway city, propaganda, hmv institute, nightingale, brindley place or arcadian will floor the union ten fold, so don't let the poor students union nights put you off, Birmingham suits many a taste. The Aston JobShop are extremely helpful in finding you part-time work if needed, will also help you out with a CV! So if you need to work whilst at uni highly recommend seeing these people! Placement year is the selling feature of the uni, great support to get a placement, great support whilst on placement. Facilities such as computers can become sparse during exam time and are of the latest technology but do the job I guess, the library is expansive with plenty of books in majority of areas but again can become sparse during exams so get there quick. Teaching is hit and miss depends on the lecturer. I found my combined honours tutors more helpful than my business tutors but I guess this is because more people do business! But tutors are always happy to help and hear you out! Would definitely recommend going to Aston for the placement year alone but dispel the myths of Birmingham it is a great city with a lot to offer.

Reviewed: 08 May 2014
32440 reviews

I love university life and Cambridge has been a great place to study. I enjoy my lectures and I feel the classes are taught well. Lecturers like to challenge you here and I think that makes me work even harder. I have made friends for life here.

32440 reviews

Lots of societies and clubs to join. Plenty of Asians. Really convenient location of Town Centre to campus. Very small university but there is constant development of the campus.

32440 reviews

Uni has been exciting, overwhelming and educational all in one. The most important piece of advise I would give is to be open minded and to always remember why you are here... TO LEARN... So go to lectures and do not give yourself personal study days instead!!!