Aston University, Birmingham

1,047 Aston University, Birmingham reviews

Our collection of real, honest student reviews of unis and courses is the largest in the UK, and help you make well-informed decisions about your future. Student reviews also form the basis of our annual Whatuni Student Choice Awards(WUSCAs), which highlight great work carried out by institutions for their students.

• Aston University, Birmingham
BS
Basanth Sathish

Engineering Management MSc

When I came to UK for the first time, I had a lot of doubts and fears about it as it’s the first time I am in a totally new place and studying a Masters course. Aston University has helped me to overcome these doubts and fears from day 1 and they helped me a lot in my academics and I would suggest Aston University to all the young lads out there for their future.

Sara
FOURTH YEAR+

Business and Mathematics BSc (Hons)

Staff members are very helpful with academics and employability and there is a great feeling of community.

Daniel
First gen student
SECOND YEAR

Business Computing and IT BSc (Hons)

Great facilities and classrooms with great support from staff.

MT
Michael Tetteh
FOURTH YEAR+

Business and Management BSc (Hons)

This is a great place to study, because of the location everything that is needed is not far away

CO
Christian Ofosuhene
SECOND YEAR

Business and Management BSc (Hons)

Aston have a very good student student alumni and support. They have all the available tools, and offer learning development centres which are necessary for students. So studying becomes very easy as students are assured support if they are in need of assistance. An area of improvement which Aston could focus on is the interior and exterior of the campus. I think there should be more effort in making the university more aesthetically pleasing for visitors and students. For example, Birmingham City University has a more modern look and it gives of a great environment to enjoy activities in. Another area of improvement for Aston could be to upgrade the computers and technology made available to students especially. Some of us students are used to operating Apple products such as MacBooks pro’s. Integrating this to the already available tech available, will ensure students are comfortable and familiar with the operating system that they are using. Doing so will improve and speed up workflow and performance for students. However, all together, the University is not a long way from fully fulfilling the satisfaction of students. One thing i really love about the university is the ability to charge your phone anywhere without having to use a plug. Almost anywhere theres a usb port available to assist battery drainage. I hope this review helps with whatever your looking for! Thanks

CB
Christopher Belfort
FOURTH YEAR+

Mechanical Engineering BEng (Hons)

The opportunities to design a manufacture products and systems during first and second year gave me great experience and knowledge to take into my placement year The IT equipment available isn’t suitable for some of the more memory-intensive computer programmes used in some modules

NP
Naz Polat
SECOND YEAR

Politics and Social Policy BSc (Hons)

Aston University is an all inclusive, very welcoming university. The location is amazing, it’s directly in the city centre. The student support is amazing, they helped me a lot with my problems and my placement year. Overall an amazing university and an amazing level of education. I am very happy to be a student there.

RL
Rajesh Lal
First gen student
THIRD YEAR

Astons new and improved student study space in the main building has been a great help to create a study environment needed for learning. The campus being open and green makes it great for a short little break to walk around. In study spaces it can become loud and messy so perhaps this could be monitored.

PH
Preethi Hariharan

Business and Management MSc

University is all about balance, just like a lot of things in life. It is important that one do well in studies however don’t let that be the only focus. Join societies, go to events, play sports, socialize and try to talk to seniors and get their views on various things. University allows us to make very strong connections with fellow students, teachers, and future employers too. It is imperative that I enjoy my time, do not let the teachings go to waste, and make the best out of this unique experience.

sakina
FIRST YEAR

I think my unis great and it doesn’t lack in anything