Student reviews of Askham Bryan College

• Askham Bryan College
GS
Gwen Stanbrook

Askham Bryan College

Canine and Feline Behaviour and Welfare (top-up) BSc (Hons)

Very good college experience, lots of potential to tell us our thoughts and what we want to improve on the college. Also very good facilities, including a clean accomodation.

HB
Holly Bentham

Askham Bryan College

Animal Conservation (top-up) BSc (Hons)

It's been great to learn content related to my desired career goals and Askham have assisted me in building my own skills and skills i didn't know I could develop .

Richard

Arboriculture with Urban Forestry FdSc

Thoroughly enjoyed my experience so far. It has surpassed all expectations, just 3 months into the academic year. I have been told the course material improves next somester.

Mia

Askham Bryan College

Animal Conservation (top-up) BSc (Hons)

I involve myself in lots of activities and the students are nice enough. I am on the student union and try to provide everyone with a good experience at college.

Emma

Management of Animal Collections with Conservation FdSc

So far I have really enjoyed college as a whole, it's very challenging but enjoyable. I like the tutors however I feel like there is some loss of communication sometimes as they all say different things in regards to the same matter. When I've asked for help most tutors have responded quickly with the appropriate information however sometimes there isn't enough help with finding sources to reference in assignments and the facilities such as the library. The food is very overpriced to its been difficult to save money as I tend to buy food when I'm there.

Philippa

Management of Animal Collections with Conservation FdSc

So far I am pleased with the course overall. The resources are great and some of the tutors are amazing. My main criticisms are the workload being focused in the wrong places (academic skills), and some of the tutors seem to either not care outside of lecture or are "too busy" to help.

Abigail

Canine and Feline Training and Behaviour FdSc

Overall the experince has been positive. There are a lot of useful facilities and the tutors are extremely knowledgeable on their subjects and want you to succeed. The mentoring experience is good as is feedback but both require some attention to help students further and cater to personal needs. The course content is good but extra resources would be helpful. I appreciate the structure of the course as it gives you many employable skills.

Ellie

Askham Bryan College

Animal Management and Science BSc (Hons)

Overall Askham Bryan's small size makes it a good place to study if you are not keen on the really busy and large university environment. There are some really good facilities and th staff are very knowledgeable. The mixture of under 18s with over 18s makes studying HE here a little more challenging.

Lorna

Animal Management FdSc

Overall its been great so far. I've enjoyed the modules and been able to find a good balance between uni and work. I didn't enjoy being set a group project for one of our first assignments as i think they assumed we had all come up from FE together but all other assignments have been good.

EK
Elise Kerridge

Management of Animal Collections with Conservation FdSc

A bit bland, can't financially afford many extracaricular activities, due to work from college and generally not enough time do do much. Wish i had more time to have partaken in a greater range of activities.