Arts University Bournemouth | Student Reviews

• Arts University Bournemouth
Morven

Fine Art MA

Excellent

As many as required being MA

Very impressed

How good are your university’s facilities?

Good, more space required

Good experience

Quite good

Excellent

Megan

UAL Foundation Diploma in Art and Design

I've enjoyed it but it's been quite lonely at times, as I'm from Ireland and have no family near by. I also don't get student loan, so I live off and pay all my bills off what I earn when at work at weekends, which can make me quite tired, and struggle to have time for work in uni too. It's also hard to live off less than £400 a month.

Sylvester

Architecture BA (Hons)

im a 1st year architect student and so far its great as its an very busy course, the staff are very friendly around the university and specially library which is busy all the time.

Isla

Arts University Bournemouth

Creative Events Management BA (Hons)

I have loved every second. The university is incredible and very social. Have already made friends for life. I hope soon I am able to get more involved with the course and work very hard.

Charlie

Arts University Bournemouth

Creative Events Management BA (Hons)

The food at university is overpriced and unaffordable for most people. Transport is very expensive for students- bus pass is 250 for the year. The university facilities are great and tutors are helpful but the housing is poor and run very badly.

Michelle

Textiles BA (Hons)

Over the last three years I have enjoyed university. I enjoy what I create and the new machines that we have the opportunity to use. However I am not one of those students that can rely on hand outs from family to be able to afford to survive at university - so I have worked two jobs throughout my time at university and I don't feel like universities fully understand that a lot of students have to fend for themselves. As my student finance does not cover my rent, which is on the slightly higher end of homing in this area, it is hard to balance work life, social life and university life. I enjoy working and am looking forward to finishing university, but I do not regret having attended.

Dhruv

Arts University Bournemouth

Commercial Photography BA (Hons)

It's fun and nice, a bit rough in some places and can be improved but an amazing experience for someone special from an international country. A lot of fun memories made.

Katrina

Illustration BA (Hons)

I am not sure. I like it here, everything seems right, but I haven’t felt right yet. Having a lot of doubt about myself and the course, though I think I did make the right decision. I think everything about uni in general was far too hyped up and I am still waiting for the feeling of everything being amazing to come. I think overall it is ok. It’s not amazing, it’s not awful , but it’s just not as much as I hoped or expected it would be. A bit disappointed but there’s nothing horrifically wrong. The course is taught weirdly sometimes, though it is getting better and I am starting to find it enjoyable (before I wasn’t). It being ok isn’t a bad thing, and maybe I will start to grow to like it more.

Kate

Arts University Bournemouth

Visual Effects (VFX) for Film and Television BA (Hons)

I had to say I expected more for what I got nest year I think to find a different course I couldn't get financial support for my needs instead of bus ticket when I don't need one cs I am driving and need to pick up quickly my baby from nursery

Laurs

Animation Production MA

very good, made friends, have a position in AUBSU. The teachers are nice and the course is cool af. I can interact with the animation BA which is awesome. I have no complaints.