Arden University

244 Arden University reviews

• Arden University

I chose arden over the OU because of the flexbility and they had the course closer to what I wanted to do. There are well-meaning and engaged people in the support, which you need, as the notes are riddled with errors (english as well as factual) and you have to organise your own exam venues, which in my case I was informed of a week before the exam. Unfortunately cannot at all compare to my experience at bricks-and-mortar university of Bristol. Update 2020: The pandemic, if anything, has unfortunately made service and support at arden worse, despite being a university specialised in distance learning. Tutors switch during courses, without students being informed, feedback on drafts is not given and grading guidelines applied inconsistently as the tutor sees fit. Feedback from students does not appear welcome. 1 extra star for those tutors who do try very hard, but are in the minority.

1 people found this helpful

Kalsoom

The overall experience at Arden is rubbish, I am a current second year student and I do not feel like I have been given a proper university experience! There is no support in anything at all, no support in the lectures as they are pre planned, no student support, all student across the UK have been given laptops and I have been given nothing at all, when I had contacted the university about this they said that it doesn’t apply to distance learning students which is unfair. I wouldn’t recommend this university to anyone at all, it’s not with your money and you will develop depression from going to it! I would recommend a proper university who can take care of their students and give th m proper support in order to finish their course!

4 people found this helpful

Leighella

MA Human Resource Management (CIPD)

abysmal. shocking. ridiculous. awful. appalling. atrocious . They have audacity to vcall themselves a university and claim that they are giving people a future, when they are actually taking money and not doing their jobs. so good luck

4 people found this helpful

EM
Emilio mateo navarrete

My experience in relation to my expectations has been much higher. I think is a University with high standards. also the module development system. It teaches you how to use resources to support what has been studied and how to develop it. The tutor helps a lot with his feedback and his advice on how to develop it. well the platform has a lot of information to spend many hours online looking for information.

1 people found this helpful

sarah

I love studying with Arden. It's at my own pace, in my own time, and fully accessible no matter the time of day. I was nervous returning to education as a mature student, but have to whole heartedly say that the experience has been superb, and feel a valid and welcome student treated with full support, and encouragement to make the best of myself. The tutors and support teams are excellent. I really can't knock anything!

Peter

My overall experience to date has been exceptional. I have completed my first module and feel I've accomplished some of my best whilst work having the support from tutors and engagement from other students. I would highly recommend Arden as a university and distance learning in general. It enables me to have the flexibility needed to complete my studies. I'm looking forward to the future and completed my MSc at Arden University.

Merel

Arden University has gone beyond my expectations. Due to their accreditation by the British Psychological Society I expected a certain level of quality. In addition, I expected the university to be well structured in terms of their online platform since that is part of their 'trademark'. What I did not expected and where the University has outdone my expectations (happily) is the how well it is guided. The lectures are super interesting and leave plenty of space for questions and discussion. Yet even if questions arise or subsequent information is wished for when lectures have already passed then still your are more than welcome to drop an email which might lead to some interesting insights to your inquiry. In addition, there's excellent guiding to help you into the world of academic writing and sharpen your skills in both critical thinking and writing. Something you take with you for all your life!

Pavel

MSc Data Analytics and Human Resource Management

I wanted to say that I'm new to the University, I don't have much experience yet so I can say a lot about the University. Mainly because of the Corona virus, we now only have an online class. But what I can say is that we have great tutors and I'm very happy that I'm at this university right now.

Leanne

Overall I am satisfied. Online lectures about the subject matter could improve the experience for distant learners. There are a number of typos in the online reading material and some links to videos and websites don't work, and still don't work after they have been reported. The iLearn platform does not offer a great user experience, however, they are however in the process of upgrading the site, so looking forward to seeing how they have improved the UX.

LT
La Toya

Overall I have had a challenging but dynamic learning experience with Arden University Distance Learning Program. As a Professional I can manage between my career and studies as they provide options where I can review my class sessions if missed. The Staff and Tutors are so helpful and share a wealth of experience and knowledge. I am definitely enjoying my learning experience with Arden!