Anglia Ruskin University

1,351 Anglia Ruskin University reviews

Our collection of real, honest student reviews of unis and courses is the largest in the UK, and help you make well-informed decisions about your future. Student reviews also form the basis of our annual Whatuni Student Choice Awards(WUSCAs), which highlight great work carried out by institutions for their students.

• Anglia Ruskin University
32440 reviews

I do like it here to be fair. The courses are really good and I have found the content relevant and stimulating and well delivered. There is a good supportive network from the other students themselves and I enjoy catching up and socialising in the students union. On the whole I woud say the facilities are very good.

32440 reviews

Sports Science BSc (Hons)

I have loved my time at university. ReFlecting on my other 2 years I definitely enjoyed them more, Now I am in my final year things are a lot tougher and the work load and pressure is stressful. I am looking forward to graduating this year.

International Business Economics MSc

I like the uni and my course. I find that the more time i have been hear the more i think know and the more confident I become. Teachers are really good and I like the gym, study area'a and the restaurant. This uni makes me very happy

32440 reviews

So yes i really do like living and studying here and have not regretted for a moment that I made the decision to come to Cambridge and study at Anglia Ruskin University The people are very freindly and I love the city too theres lots to do for students and it is very simulating and vibrant the course is ok

32440 reviews

Computer Games Art BA (Hons)

The course is relevant to what I want to study so I am enjoying it and learning lots and I am grateful for my teachers and lecturers support and sound advice. I have meet lots of like minded people in my course that is pretty sweet The scholarship is grand extra money and a card for John Smiths aw yes. Work hard for it.

32440 reviews

Cambridge offers an excellent student life. it is friendly vibrant and multi cultural You can get good Japaneese food here and in the canteens too which is nice I also like the fact that everyone is friendly and happy here not just on the student nights ;0) The accomodation in halls coukd be better. Good course content though.

Architecture BSc (Hons)

Awful university! The accomodation halls are just houses with paper thin walls. The campus is tiny. The SU can fit approximately 50 people without feeling like your in a can of sardines. Everyone else seems to have complains

Reviewed: 27 February 2014

Public Service FdA

Brillian staff and campus overll

Reviewed: 26 February 2014
32440 reviews

I can only vouch for the Cambridge School of Art, within the university even though the whole university is vibrant and exciting. The atmosphere in the Ruskin building of the Art School is like a family of like-minded people rather than a teaching environment. Everyone encourages others and all disciplines cross over - Fine Art, Photography, Graphic Design, Printmaking, Fashion, Film, postgrads and undergrads. It's the the major visual arts faculty in Cambridge and has links throughout the city with that other university and it museums and galleries and the Cambridge Union Society. A much needed beacon of pure art and design within a city of boffins and academics. Cherished by the city and the region, you get a sense you are in a place that is very special with people that are inspiring.

Reviewed: 01 November 2013

Primary Education (5-11 Years) PGCE

Bad Choice for PGCE!The level of student satisfaction with the course is extremely low be aware. I list my experience in 2013 with them. The course started okay and the teachers and lecturers seemed friendly enough just one small problem when you start is that there is about 200 people on the course so if you do study here make sure you do something special to get noticed. As I've said the lecturers were friendly and willing to help you if you speak to them the problems are with the administration. Firstly about 1/4 of the cohort were not given their first placement in time meaning they had to catch up the days required in the first break for uni. Then they did not correct this by placement b some student teachers were so worried about this they arranged their own placement; this is a scary moment if you don't have connections in a school for your placement.Yet even with these shortcomings I was going to let it go the final straw for me was this: I was one of the unfortunate soles to get placed late so I needed to submit my assignment on July 12 - I printed the cover sheet

Reviewed: 09 September 2013