1,172 Anglia Ruskin University reviews

• Anglia Ruskin University
Shaheed

Anglia Ruskin University

Mechanical Engineering BEng (Hons)

Overall my experience at the university was mediocre. There were some module which were very interesting and practical. However, there were some where the lecturer just wanted to get it over and done without giving a proper insight in what the module is about and how it will be used in a real world situation.

Shannon

Anglia Ruskin University

With being online, it was harder to approach a lecturer with any difficulties I may have been facing. There were less class discussions, which is where I usually learnt more information than was provided by lectures. Lectures weren’t live, and were just uploaded onto Canvas to do in our time. Once a week, for 4 hours, we had a live call with our lecturers and these were for tutorials based on the work we’d learned in the previous lecture. If we did not understand this work, the tutorial was not beneficial as it just provides basic information.

Daniela

Anglia Ruskin University

Musical Theatre BA (Hons)

The first year was nice but there were a lot of things that could have been better for example, having real shows with real audience. Getting more contact hours. The second year was a bit of a mess since we were in a pandemic which made things much more difficult. I had all of my classes through a screen so I was 5 to 8 hours a day looking at a screen. There wasn’t much support regarding money, the university always found a n excuse to say that I didn’t need entry help. The teachers were professional and they tried their best to help us.

Rhianna

Anglia Ruskin University

Nursing (Adult) BSc (Hons)

Could be improved if the student support was better. Hasn't been value for money this year as we have had hardly any teaching in university even online, feel very unsupported on a tough course.

Laura

Anglia Ruskin University

Primary Education Studies (Accelerated) BA (Hons)

I LOVE ARU!! The people are amazing there with endless support and opportunities! I was terrified to go to university but they have made me so welcome and i know if i work hard ill get my dream job with their support :)

Maitrie

Anglia Ruskin University

Forensic Science (with Placement Year) BSc (Hons)

University provides all over attention on students like mental health for students who need it and help and guidance for their studies as it is going online. They are giving their 100%. Lectures and stuff are all time available for support

Aishwarya

Clinical Child Psychology MSc

The university is really good. However the classes are online so we do not get an opportunity to meet with people and explore the campus experience. We are currently meeting over zoom chats and organize watch parties and study groups. These are quite entertaining but it would have been much better if we could go to campus. Faculty members are very supportivs and helf us with queries at any time.

Helena

Anglia Ruskin University

Biomedical Science BSc (Hons)

I really enjoyed my time at ARU. I've made friends for life and had so many experiences that I'll never forget. The teaching is really good, and assessments are fair. I would 100% recommend ARU.

Charlotte

Anglia Ruskin University

Biomedical Science BSc (Hons)

Nice university, part of a community. Lots of facilities and the cleanliness is great. Covid secure campus. Lots of study space spread across campus and plenty of greenery.

Maria

Photography BA (Hons)

Although it has all been Online, the overall experience has been good. The project have been interesting and most of the lectures have been enjoyable online. It has sometimes been difficult to get motivated as being at home is alot different than being with all your friends in class. But we were provided with a few hours a week where we can join into a video call and just chat about work or anything with or without our lectures so that was definitely something I would recommend students who have been struggling with online lectures and socialising. Not being able to use the facilities has been disappointing because of the reason going to this Uni was for those. But I have got through it with my projects and am looking forward to next year, hoping we can all be back.