Buckinghamshire College Group | Student Reviews

4 Buckinghamshire College Group reviews

• Buckinghamshire College Group

27 Aug 14

Art Image and Media HND

This is a very bad college, please if you value your education, go somewhere else. Some of the classes were okay, but there were extremely long lessons, which required breaks in between thus having less contact time than you should have. Teachers were disorganised, spent time in lessons preparing for the lesson they were currently teaching. Some of them their "I hate the system" attitude was more important to them than their pupils doing well in their exams. Some of them talked about sex throughout the lesson, including mentioning a dream they had about having sex with a student from another class. He even played one of the students "how to strip dance" tapes in class on college equipment, I found this very inappropriate. Teachers lacked ability, common sense and any idea on how to convey information or educate a class of motivated students. As for "Student Life" the college does nothing to promote this, as far as I'm aware there was no student union, and I attended for two years.

BTEC Foundation Diploma Art and Design

If you want to attend this college/ university, all I can simply say is good luck passing your degree or anything you are studying towards. The classes/lectures are filled with people dossing around not wanting to learn anything. Even the quiet study area in the library is exactly the same. Even the teachers don't know how to mark your work. Two years ago I did NVQ level 2 for IT users and completed the work to distinction level and I received a merit.My advice go to another college such as Henley.

C&G 2000-01 Level 1 Certificate in Access to Building Services Engineering

The college uni at amersham and wycombe college is very poor. Students make too much noise everywhere and this no quite area to study. Students spend all there day playing games in the library and making a fuss like its a play ground. That being said, I have just completed level 3 extended diploma in IT and only got Distinction when was expecting Distinction star.