2,442 Aberystwyth University reviews

• Aberystwyth University
Harry

Aberystwyth University

International Relations and Military History BA (Hons)

Obviously attending university during a global pandemic is not ideal. However I'm a strong believer in trying to make the most out of every situation. Being in such a beautiful and rural place like aber has enabled me to do this

Corey

Biochemistry BSc (Hons)

Despite covid restriction, teaching has been as good as it can be concerning the situations. Whilst some modules have been absolutely exceptional in teaching and supporting our learning, other modules have been dismal and really not worth attending as I have not learning anything from them. For instance, one module was 100% practical based but we haven’t been able to do any of it this year - all we have done is blindly submit assignments which is incredibly disappointing and unhelpful in developing my skills as a scientist

Megan

Aberystwyth University

Applied Mathematics/Pure Mathematics BSc (Hons)

Best response to covid situation of any of my friends universities. Really putting the students first. The town has a really lovely community atmosphere and students are at the centre of this.

Luke

Microbiology BSc (Hons)

I absolutely love it at Aberystwyth university. I have not enjoyed online learning at all but everything else is great and hopefully next year teaching will be in person. Would never study anywhere else now.

Bethany

Aberystwyth University

Tourism Management BSc (Hons)

The uni have made good communication and efforts to update us on the situation and get us on campus where possible however I think there is a lack of understanding on how our grades are not going to be of the normal standard , therefore marking should be more generous , and be more understanding that we have had to teach ourselves a lot of content from being taught through a recoded PowerPoint not by a teams meeting or in person . Lesson quality therefore isn’t the same as normal but the uni has assumed it is

Josh

Aberystwyth University

Artificial Intelligence and Robotics BSc (Hons)

My time at this university has been worthwhile to say the least. Over the past 3 years, this university has not only provided me with the opportunity to grow my knowledge in the field of artificial intelligence, it has allowed me to grow into a more well-rounded individual.

Lacey

Aberystwyth University

Film and Television Studies BA (Hons)

I am going to be sad to leave, that’s why I’m taking a masters. Aberystwyth is a fantastic place where you won’t want to leave, the uni is fun and the time you will have there is worth so much.

Bethany

Aberystwyth University

Tourism Management BSc (Hons)

Overall the uni has tried to put things online however has failed to recognise that quality had dropped and have not altered marking or took into consideration that we are teaching ourselves therefore our grades have slipped and it’s not our fault

Jake

Astrophysics BSc (Hons)

An awful University. Please do not attent this University for your own sake. Unfortunatley any positives I could give to the University are greatly out weighed by the huge amount of negatives. Support staff and lecturers will ignore your emails. They support and protect violent and abusive students while ignoring their duty of care towards victims. They have no interest in the welfare of students. When going through a difficult time and asking for extensions on coursework deadlines I was ingored, once I finally got a response (after the work deadline date) I was given the wrong advise and then later told this was my fault. Some of the lectures I attended had ripped their lecture slides directly from Wikipedia. It's unfortunate because it's situated in a wonderful town and *some* of the staff are competent but please trust me, this University, as an institution, is unproffesional, rude, incompetent and dismissive. It is not value for money. The University gets high results on student feedback in terms of their teaching standards, but trust me - this is a con. My only advise to any potential future students is to avoid this place at all costs. Please note I have attened three Universities (including the Open University and the University of West England) and Aberystwyth was by far the worst.

Abigail

Aberystwyth University

The lecturers have been really supportive with 1-1 chats and check ups, and have been good with COVID restrictions. I wish we could have had a ‘normal’ first year experience but i have met some really good people.