Aberystwyth University | Student Reviews

2,490 Aberystwyth University reviews

• Aberystwyth University
JJ

PhD Biological Sciences

Fantastic! I risked a lot to start the program and so far I have learned a lot and everyone has been supportive. Although I would have had liked to have access to more up-to-date equipment I still feel I will gain a lot from the program to take into my professional life and beyond.

Alec

MA International Politics(Specialist)

Overall my university experience has been fantastic. I'm glad I chose Aberystwyth I've made lifelong friends with people from all over the world. I've tried new sports, joined random societies and really thrown myself into the experience. I've conducted empirical research as part of my undergrad and am now taking on a whole new subject that is super interesting. Aberystwyth is one of the best universities in the country and I'd recommend to anyone that they should go there.

Kaja

Aberystwyth University

Creative Writing BA (Hons)

Coming to Aberystwyth University was the best decision of my life. I met my long-term girlfriend here, made amazing friends, started a society I really believed in, lived in an amazing place, and have been on a course that really supports me and caters to my needs whilst making studying interesting. Just come here, you won't regret it.

Iwan

Geography BSc (Hons)

Great. Has it’s ups and down with the course which I think is the same for every uni and course anywhere esp for such a broad subject. But the uni is great, safe and has furthered my work way beyond what I thought I could achieve at A level

Aberystwyth University

Overall I enjoy my course, very interesting and love the traditional approach on fantastic art. I would like more opportunities in terms of going abroad and internships.

Adam

Aberystwyth University

English Literature BA (Hons)

So far it’s been pretty great. All my assignments have been done on time, good marks and I feel like the feedback has been really constructive and formative. Moving away from home has been intense but good, I feel a lot more prepared for proper adult life now.

Alex

Aberystwyth University

Mathematics (includes foundation year) BSc (Hons)

I've really enjoyed it, all the people have been nice and the lecturers are lovely. There's a decent night life but not too busy, and plenty of other things to do if going out isn't your thing.

Megan

Aberystwyth University

I've loved every second. I feel that I have always had amazing accommodation and great flat mates for a good social life. My course has been extremely interesting and I feel that I have been supported well by my lecturers. The night life here is also amazing and the town has everything I need at good prices and that includes shopping. Couldn't have asked for a university better to suit my personality and learning needs

Klaudia

Aberystwyth University

Im really happy with my university. There are some things that could be better. But overall i dont regret my decision to study here. My degree will give me many opportunities that i wouldn't be able to get somewhere else.

Madeleine

Aberystwyth University

Marine and Freshwater Biology BSc (Hons)

Rough. But hopefully worth it. The university try their best, though the accomodation is dissapointing, making general living hard. The lecturers are sweet and it feels like a family. It is easy to catch up on missed work and focus.