184,627 university reviews

Liberty

University of East Anglia UEA

Psychology with a Year Abroad BSc (Hons)

UEA is in such a lovely area and the campus is absolutely beautiful. It has pretty much everything you could need on campus, and has good transport links for buses and coaches, and it's one bus ride away from Norwich train station. I haven't had much experience with the student support services but I've heard from friends that they're pretty good. The uni was pretty good with COVID precautions, with vaccinations being available on campus as well as free testing. At times it's apparent that it is a company and it could do with remembering that its main priority should be its students and staff over making money for the VC, but overall I'm happy here and I wouldn't change my decision.

1 people found this helpful

Ethan

Cardiff University

Accounting and Finance BSc (Hons)

City Campus but with all the buildings being close gives you the best of both worlds. New Student for life centre attached to the SU is really nice and fits in with the universities 'theme' . In person and online lectures have hit the sweet spot in 3rd term (I personally enjoy having a few online lectures that keep you from travelling in.) Cardiff is a great compact city with lots of potential for further expansion through towards the bay.

CC
Catia Castro

Adult Nursing BSc (Hons)

Everyone is so supportive, easy to talk to and open for anything really.

Sabrina

BPP University

Legal Practice Course (LPC)

Worst university ever. Charged full fees for a completely remote course, zero mental health and well-being support. £75 resits and virtually everyone in my cohort will only be passing because of their ‘procedures’ - including their exam software kicking students out of exams not being a ‘genuine reason’ for setting aside a sitting - all the stories on here are true. They told me I failed 3 exams and were saying I had to resit, I challenged them as I didn’t receive ‘fail feedback’ for any of them and it wasn’t until I challenged them that I then found out I had actually passed and they got my grades wrong, three times! So many that have managed to graduate from here have gone on to not pursue a career in law due to how traumatic the LPC experience at BPP is, and I’ve been tempted to drop out most months. Absolutely do NOT waste your time.

1 people found this helpful

LS
Livi Stocker

Plumpton College

Veterinary Physiotherapy BSc (Hons)

Veterinary Physiotherapy at Plumpton is a huge let down unfortunately but has such potential to be a great course . The teaching and communication was absolutely dreadful! The lecturers clearly have huge amount of knowledge but simply don't know how to transfer that into their teaching and make it quite clear they dont have time for you. This is their first year teaching this course at Plumpton and have made that very clear with the lack of planning both theory wise and throughout he practical weeks. A few (not all) lecturers are very passive towards the students and make u feel like every question is a stupid one! Leaving you feel very deflated and non the wiser after each week staying at Plumpton . If you have previously done a course in body work or similar then the course may work for you but if you are fresh out of college with a lack of knowledge then it may be more of a struggle. Many complaints have been made by other students this year and nothing has been taken on board. There is little to no communication about upcoming big assignments and simply have to fend for yourself and hope for the best. I didn't want to have to write such a bad review but its the last resort in hope they might actually listen. The college itself is lovely, great location and other courses seem to run well here with a nice community in general but Vet Physio itself is a huge issue.

4 people found this helpful

Isobel

Leeds Beckett University

Creative Writing in Contemporary Culture BA (Hons)

Best- I got great counselling through the uni when I needed support, they got me signed up for counselling easily and it was great having someone to talk to when I needed to. I also love the uni buildings and my course. Worst- timetables are quite sporadic , I wish all my seminars and lectures were closer together and on the same days of the week.

GB
Gemma Bumstead

Kingston University

Practice Education PgCert

Campus for my studies is in a difficult location and you are dependent on the facilities available if you need to buy anything. The nearest supermarket is about 20-30 minute walk. Navigating campus can be difficult initially as signposting isn't always clear. However, campus is peaceful, surrounded by green areas. The library is very good. Parking facilities available for students free of charge, plenty of places to get hot drinks/food/snacks. Staff that I have had interactions with have been supportive and helpful.

VV
Vladislav Vitfeldt

University of Suffolk

Event and Tourism Management BA (Hons)

As rated above it really is a great for study at least in my humble opinion. I love the location, the facilities, and the looks of the university I am getting along with all the people I meet and have good relationships as well! Plus this Uni is where I have met my girlfriend and I am really thankful that it brought us together! The events are organi1ed either by the University of Suffolk and the Students Union!

HR
Helen Riley

University of Cumbria

Paramedic Science BSc (Hons)

This is the worst teaching establishment I have ever had the misfortune to register with. I am a distance learning student, there is little support and the admin staff forget to register you onto modules. I have had to chase staff to find out when the modules are starting, some staff are disinterested and have no input into the courses, the work was written possibly several years ago, it is on a website for you to complete but you can’t ask questions. It has put me off considering any further learning and has made me wish I had never signed up for the course. Do not consider distance learning with this uni.

NC
Niles Clover

Adult Nursing BSc (Hons)

Unfortunately, there is not much I can say in regards to student life and the overall university itself as I lived off-campus throughout my years of being here. There always seems to be events held both in and outside of university hours, with other facilities all close by for those wanting to experience the uni life with friends or by themselves.