Search for university reviews

Rating
Date

Staceymc

OVERALL UNIVERSITY RATING 26 Oct 07

My uni experience was brilliant! Definitely recommend it and Bournemouth is a great place to go for an education in studies and life. One tip - take a camera and get lots of pics!

OVERALL UNIVERSITY RATING 31 May 10

Hey guys.

I started Uni in 2006 and have just finished a sandwich course at Bournemouth University.

I recommend the course in particular; BA (HONS) Business Studies with pathways to anyone who knows that they want to work in a corporate environment, wants to open up their own business or just wants to be successful and earn loads of money.

The course gives you a broad range of subjects in the first year, so you then can distinguish between your strengths and what you enjoy. The second years allows for specialization in specific fields such as Marketing, E-commerce, Operations & Project Management, Finance, Law etc (there are 12 titles you can choose from). It's a great way to improve employability and diversity ONLY ONCE you know what you enjoy at degree-level.

The perfect recipe for success. For anyone considering the sandwich course I RECOMMEND the placement year. This is the perfect opportunity to take advantage of the Universities excellent contacts with employers such as JP Morgan, IBM, Microsoft etc and allows you to showcase what you have learnt at Uni and improves your employability over other graduates by 50% (and that is the point of Uni....to get an amazing job afterwards).

The final year now allows you to write a reflective practitioner project as your dissertation.

This is a great opportunity to reflect on your placement experience and to learn from the experience to ensure you make the right move towards a successful future.

BU itself is like no other University, the people are the happiest in the UK, proven by surveys and with all those miles of beaches who wouldn't have fun living here?

Even the homeless are made into local legends (check out the Facebook group 'Gordon The Tramp'. If you want a great time and lovely community come to BU.

As for the University, they go above and beyond what is expected of any institution.

In first year I realized I wanted to study abroad and the Uni gave me a bursary to pay for the expenses to study in Germany over the summer. They strongly encourage extra curriculum activities and will support you all the way to become better rounded people.

In summary I came to Uni knowing I wanted to be a millionaire, after the first year, i specialized in operations and project management and then went to work in central london as a traders assistant at a prestigious bank. On return I reflected on my experience through my dissertation and have now found the perfect graduate job that is right for my personality and skill-set as a financial consultant. I have loved every second of Uni and truly believe it has set me up for life.

Laura

OVERALL UNIVERSITY RATING 10 Jun 10

Bournemouth University is amazing! I would recommend it to anybody! The beast part it over the 50 nightclubs and bars and of course the beach!

Jonathan

OVERALL UNIVERSITY RATING 09 Mar 15

I loved the uni, every aspect. The social side of bournemouth uni is amazing with lots of opportunities, clubs or things to do in the town or nearby.The academic side is, for some subjects, unrivalled. But really it comes down to what you're willing to put in.

Nicole

Forensic Osteology MSc
OVERALL UNIVERSITY RATING 09 Mar 15

I would definitely recommend this university to prospective students as the facilities and lecturers are excellent.

Rating summary