Search for university reviews

Rating
Date

Lyd

OVERALL UNIVERSITY RATING 02 Mar 07

I would definitely recommend this university to others. At other (unnamed) universities I felt like a number, but here I feel like a person, and not only that, but a respected, welcomed and well supported person.

Louise

OVERALL UNIVERSITY RATING 19 Apr 07

I love coming to York St Johns, and even though its had its lower points (ie. the odd bad apple lecturer,) on the whole it is a fantastic place to study. If you sit inside by yourself and get your head down, though, you won't get anything from it. So get out there and make the most of being a student, but just don't over do it... work hard, play hard, and enjoy! Oh, and if you are wanting to come into teaching, don't take it lightly. We started off our course with twice as many students as there are now. You REALLY have to think about if it's right for you, and if it suits the life style you want to have when you are older. You need to put A LOT of hours into it, I'm in my 3rd year and have hardly seen my friends this year (not just a York SJ thing, but a trainee teacher thing where ever you go!) Really think about whether its right for you, and be honest with yourself before you commit. If you do come here and something is wrong, make the most of the team who are available to help - they can sort you out. Overall, a great place to study and you really do make friends for life here.

Stef

OVERALL UNIVERSITY RATING 11 Jun 08

The union is expansion. I recommend this uni the course is really good.

Liam

OVERALL UNIVERSITY RATING 12 May 08

Student life is amazing! The quality could be improved though.

faye.kelly

OVERALL UNIVERSITY RATING 23 Sep 08

I would definitely recommend university to anyone considering it. Consider your course carefully, and by 3rd year, the work load is intense. York St John is a friendly uni, all the tutors recognise you and are approachable. The student life is the most enjoyable time I have ever had and I have made some of my best friends. Go to uni!

Rating summary